"A wonderful find and great Euromeet." Bitola by planxty
Bitola Travel Guide: 244 reviews and 1,038 photos
I visited Bitola in late May 2011 as part of the wonderful Euromeet so ably arranged by the redoubtable Valentina who deserves the greatest credit. She was supported by her friend, the other Valentina, a recent convert to VT who did so much of the groundwork when Valentina was out of the country. For ease of reference, I shall refer to them, as I did, as either V1 and V2 or Tina and Elvira. Have a look at V2's profile pic and you will understand.
The ladies are both from Bitola and are, justifiably, very proud of their hometown. I had visited Macedonia before and thoroughly enjoyed Skopje. I had a notion I would like to visit Ohrid some day but I doubt I would have ever discovered Bitola were it not for the VT meet, so another thing to be grateful to VT for. I also met a huge number of VT memebers and guests, some of whom I had been in contact with before and some not, and we generally had a great time.
After the rolling Euromeet to Bitola and Ohrid, some of us went on a food and drink tour, but all these things are subjects for other pages. I loved Bitola, it is big enough to be interesting but small enough that you can walk anywhere. I only got a taxi once and that was because Google maps had totally lost me. More of which later.
I realise that the reader will not have the opportunity to be involved in a Euromeet here and not have the benefit of so much local knowledge but I would thoroughly recommend the city as a a delightful place to visit. Have a look at some of my tips for more information about this wonderful city.
- Pros:Easily accessible on foot, friendly people.
- Cons:I believe it gets unbearably hot in summer.
- In a nutshell:A wonderful place that should be more visited.
As I have mentioned elsewhere VT Euromeets are wonderful fun and I recommend them but they do have one slight drawback... more travel advice
Readers of other pages of mine on VT will know that I detest shopping but I love markets or bazaars as they tend to be... more travel advice
planxty's Related Pages
Bitola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bitola Baban BItola......"
- "Noble and Proud – Bitola"
- "A short glimpse at Bitola."
- "On and Off the Road in Bitola"
- "Pre euromeet 2011 Bitola"
- "Bitola - A Townfull Of Bars !"
- "Bitola, Moj Roden Kraj ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bitola
- Hotels in Bitola
- Transportation in Bitola
- Nightlife in Bitola
- Restaurants in Bitola
- Shopping in Bitola
- Warnings and Dangers in Bitola
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bitola
- 9 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Bitola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bitola
Photos in BitolaSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 220 reviews, 562 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 29 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 38 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 11 reviews, 115 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 33 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 18 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Armagh Intro, 20 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 21 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brno Intro, 20 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues