"No quite what I expected." Top 5 Page for this destination Spetses Island by planxty

Spetses Island Travel Guide: 118 reviews and 264 photos

A little disappointing.

I never thought I would find myself writing this about a Greek island, but I really was a little disappointed in Spetses. Perhaps more tellingly, my ex-girlfriend, who is of Greek origin, also found it disappointing. To be fair to the place we were there very early in the season, and the weather wasn't all that good, but it really didn't impress me at all. We were only there for a couple fo days and, frankly, were glad to be away from it.

It actually distresses me a little to write this as I am a complete Hellenophile. I speak a little of the language, most of my close frineds are Greeks or Greek Cypriots, and I thoroughly enjoy my frequent journeys there. i would, however, on the evidence of my (admittedly brief) stay on Spetses, suggest that there are far better islands to visit.

• Last visit to Spetses Island: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 30, 2012

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2006 at 8:00 AM

More rip-off merchants! I can understand your disappointment. I quite liked the look of the statues...

• May 30, 2006 at 5:49 AM

"no idea how they survive during busy periods" - sounds like they rip off the few guests they do get Ferg. Interesting page - specially the history of Bouboulina!

planxty

“Where's the bar?”

Badges & Stats in Spetses Island

Have you been to Spetses Island?

Latest Activity in Spetses Island