"Nothing changes much." Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs by planxty
Broadstairs Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 161 photos
I have to preface my Broadstairs pages by declaring an interest. I have been playing the wonderful Folk Week here for a number of years, and it is undoubtedly my favourite festival of the year. Through this, I have made some great friends and often visit even when it's off-season.
Broadstairs is the quintessential English seaside resort, and it is easy to imagine yourself being back in time fifty or more years. All the traditional English seaside pastimes are here, Punch and Judy, the Bandstand, fish and chips and a walk along the Prom.
When the weather is good (never a certainty in England), there are few places I'd rather be. Take for example the main photo on this page. It is difficult to believe that it was taken in October (1st October 2011 to be precise) when freakishly good weather brought thousands of people to the town.
In the spirit of VT, I shall try to keep the rose-tinted spectacles firmly in my pocket and be as objective as possible.
- Pros:Very traditional English seaside town. Great Folk Week.
- Cons:Can be a bit rough on weekend evenings.
- In a nutshell:Go there, especially at Folk Week.
There are a number of places offering live music in Broadstairs and indeed the music scene in Thanet is very lively. I... more travel advice
In Albion Street there has long been a restaurant known as Phileas Fogg's and friends of mine form the area, whose... more travel advice
Written Sep 10, 2012
Folk Week memories.
Written Sep 10, 2012
Broadstairs Folk Week 2012.
planxty's Related Pages
Broadstairs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nothing changes much."
- "Broadstairs, Kent"
- "Historic Broadstairs"
- "Broadstairs in Kent"
- "My first trip to UK...to study English"
- "Easter in Broadstairs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Broadstairs
- Hotels in Broadstairs
- Transportation in Broadstairs
- Nightlife in Broadstairs
- Restaurants in Broadstairs
- Shopping in Broadstairs
- Warnings and Dangers in Broadstairs
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Broadstairs
- 38 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Broadstairs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Broadstairs
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Sometimes there is no point..."
- Commented on one of rosata's Broadstairs tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Meet planxty in his natural environment!"
- Wrote a Review A good live music spot. in Broadstairs Nightlife
- created a Broadstairs Travelogue "Broadstairs Folk Week 2012."
Photos in BroadstairsSee All Photos (90)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 220 reviews, 562 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 29 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 38 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 11 reviews, 115 photos, 11 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 21 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 33 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Armagh Intro, 20 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 21 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brno Intro, 20 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues