"Nothing changes much." Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs by planxty
Broadstairs Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 198 photos
I have to preface my Broadstairs pages by declaring an interest. I have been playing the wonderful Folk Week here for a number of years, and it is undoubtedly my favourite festival of the year. Through this, I have made some great friends and often visit even when it's off-season.
Broadstairs is the quintessential English seaside resort, and it is easy to imagine yourself being back in time fifty or more years. All the traditional English seaside pastimes are here, Punch and Judy, the Bandstand, fish and chips and a walk along the Prom.
When the weather is good (never a certainty in England), there are few places I'd rather be. Take for example the main photo on this page. It is difficult to believe that it was taken in October (1st October 2011 to be precise) when freakishly good weather brought thousands of people to the town.
In the spirit of VT, I shall try to keep the rose-tinted spectacles firmly in my pocket and be as objective as possible.
- Pros:Very traditional English seaside town. Great Folk Week.
- Cons:Can be a bit rough on weekend evenings.
- In a nutshell:Go there, especially at Folk Week.
I have mentioned elsewhere on my Broadstairs page that I have been visiting this wonderful town for almost twenty years,... more travel advice
I cannot believe it has taken me so long to write this tip, in the same way I cannot still quite believe that the one... more travel advice
planxty's Related Pages
Broadstairs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nothing changes much."
- "Broadstairs, Kent"
- "Historic Broadstairs"
- "Broadstairs in Kent"
- "My first trip to UK...to study English"
- "Easter in Broadstairs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Broadstairs
- Hotels in Broadstairs
- Transportation in Broadstairs
- Nightlife in Broadstairs
- Restaurants in Broadstairs
- Shopping in Broadstairs
- Warnings and Dangers in Broadstairs
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Broadstairs
- 45 Reviews
- 126 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Broadstairs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Broadstairs
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Are 24-48 hour layovers for..."
- Commented on one of planxty's Broadstairs videos
- Uploaded a Video to Broadstairs
- created a Broadstairs Travelogue "A great little Museum."
- Uploaded a Photo to "A great little Museum."
- Wrote a Review I can't believe it took so long. in Broadstairs Things to Do
Photos in BroadstairsSee All Photos (126)
Videos in BroadstairsSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 225 reviews, 725 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 45 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 15 reviews, 147 photos, 12 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 25 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 29 reviews, 104 photos
- Philippines Intro, 11 reviews, 115 photos, 11 travelogues
- Durham Intro, 21 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 33 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Armagh Intro, 20 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues