"I have only been once!" Eltham by planxty
Eltham Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 27 photos
to be honest, I have only ever visited Eltahm once in my life, to visit the magnificent Eltham Palace. A fairly ordinary suburb of Southeast London, it is now predominantly a commuter zone for people working in Central London.
Now part of the London Borough of Greenwich, the area developed due to it's importance as being on the route to the Southern ports, and was once part of the Pilgrims Way.
Unfortunately, in recent times, it is perhaps best known as the place where the murder of a black teenager, Stephen Lawrence, caused a great furore about racism and led to sweeping and controversial changes to the London Metropolitan Police.
planxty's Related Pages
Eltham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A hidden past..."
- "Eltham - I visited the Palace but ate at McDs."
- "I have only been once!"
- "Eltham Palace and Gardens"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Eltham
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Eltham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eltham
Photos in ElthamSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 225 reviews, 725 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 45 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 15 reviews, 147 photos, 12 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 25 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 29 reviews, 104 photos
- Philippines Intro, 11 reviews, 115 photos, 11 travelogues
- Durham Intro, 21 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 33 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Armagh Intro, 20 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues