"I didn't really visit it at all." Top 5 Page for this destination Falkirk by planxty

Falkirk Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 94 photos

It is very unusual for me to create a page about a place that I can say I have never properly visited but this is the case here. I am sure Falkirik has much to offer and I am not decrying the place at all but I had visited for a specific purpose. After having failed to get a drink in a bar (yes, unbvelievable I know) on the outskirts of town I went and was successful in visiting the Falkirk Wheel.

If you have not heard of it, and I would not be surprised due to it being relatively new, it is a canal boat lift. Yes, you read that correctly. It is a device which raises hundreds of tons of water and steel-hulled boat about a hundred feet to join one canal to another and in my admittedly limited world travels, it truly is one of the most amazing feats of technology I have ever seen.

In the absence of any meaningful photos about Falkirk (excepting the Wheel and the alleged pub), I shall use a generic one of a Scottish flag but in my defence I should point out that it was actually taken in Falkirk. I do like my pages to be accurate!

If you need to know more about the place, I do suggest you check out the Falkirk Travel Page here on VT where you will find much more information.

• Pros:The amazing Falkirk Wheel.
  • Cons:Not all the things that look like pubs actually are!
  • In a nutshell:Go to see the Wheel and then have a look round.
  • Last visit to Falkirk: Apr 2013
  • Intro Written Jun 16, 2013

Comments

planxty

“Where's the bar?”

Badges & Stats in Falkirk

Have you been to Falkirk?

Latest Activity in Falkirk