"Not enough time to do it justice." Pickering by planxty

Pickering Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 74 photos

A mere flying visit.

During a recent trip to nearby Pocklington whilst touring with my band, a friends father was kind enough to take us out for an afternoons drive to Pickering. the main reason for this was that I had expressed a wish to see the North York Moors Railway, undoubtedly the major tourist atraction of the town.

Unfortunately, time was against us and we did not have enough of it to travel the railway, although I certainly intend to do so at some point. Instead, we had a look round, wandered round the the railway station and restoration yards, bought some excellent local cider, had a quick drink and then had to return to the business of playing gigs.

On such a brief acqauintance, I found it to be a very tidy, pleasant Yorkshire market town, and I would certainly like to return some day.

• Last visit to Pickering: Apr 2009
  • Intro Updated Apr 26, 2009

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Will have to look out for the Yorkshire cider, being cider drinkers ourselves!

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2009 at 7:58 AM

A timely Tip - we will be there for a week next month - and my husband shares your interest (he doesn't play in a Band though!) Enjoyed your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

planxty

“Where's the bar?”

Badges & Stats in Pickering

Have you been to Pickering?

Latest Activity in Pickering