"A great weekend in Pock." Pocklington by planxty
Pocklington Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 11 photos
Readers of my other pages will know that I am a musician of sorts, and like most musicians always on the lookout for somewhere new to play. When a member of one of my bands, a few months ago, suggested some gigs in Pock over the Easter weekend of 2009, I was quick to agree. Now, I consider myself to be reasonably knowledgeable about British geography, but I did find myself asking, "Pock, where's that?"
Well, it turns out Pocklington, to give it it's proper name, is in the East Riding of Yorkshire, a few miles from the County Town of York, and in close proximity to the Wolds. A delightful place it is too. We had a wonderful weekend where we were treated to some wonderful Yorkshire hospitality (not to mention industrial quantities of food!) and my colleagues father was good enough to take us to some nearby towns and some glorious countryside. Unfortunately, the weather was not as kind as the people, and this is reflected in the photos. Well, this is Britain I suppose.
I would not suggest that it is a place where the visitor to Britain might choose to base him or herself but, if you are in the area, it is a pleasant place to spend some time, as I hope my tips will show.
- Pros:Hospitable people and an interesting town.
- Cons:Well, the weather, but that is all over the UK.
If you have read my introductory page for Pocklington, you will know that I visited as a musician at Easter 2009 to play... more travel advice
If you have read my introductory page to Pocklington, you will know that I was in the town where my band was playing a... more travel advice
planxty's Related Pages
Pocklington Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Pocklington
- 5 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Pocklington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pocklington
Photos in PocklingtonSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 225 reviews, 725 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 45 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 15 reviews, 147 photos, 12 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 25 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 29 reviews, 104 photos
- Philippines Intro, 11 reviews, 115 photos, 11 travelogues
- Durham Intro, 21 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 33 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Armagh Intro, 20 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues