"A great weekend in Pock." Pocklington by planxty

Pocklington Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 11 photos

A trip to where?

Readers of my other pages will know that I am a musician of sorts, and like most musicians always on the lookout for somewhere new to play. When a member of one of my bands, a few months ago, suggested some gigs in Pock over the Easter weekend of 2009, I was quick to agree. Now, I consider myself to be reasonably knowledgeable about British geography, but I did find myself asking, "Pock, where's that?"

Well, it turns out Pocklington, to give it it's proper name, is in the East Riding of Yorkshire, a few miles from the County Town of York, and in close proximity to the Wolds. A delightful place it is too. We had a wonderful weekend where we were treated to some wonderful Yorkshire hospitality (not to mention industrial quantities of food!) and my colleagues father was good enough to take us to some nearby towns and some glorious countryside. Unfortunately, the weather was not as kind as the people, and this is reflected in the photos. Well, this is Britain I suppose.

I would not suggest that it is a place where the visitor to Britain might choose to base him or herself but, if you are in the area, it is a pleasant place to spend some time, as I hope my tips will show.

• Pros:Hospitable people and an interesting town.
  • Cons:Well, the weather, but that is all over the UK.
  • Last visit to Pocklington: Apr 2009
  • Intro Updated Apr 18, 2009

Comments

planxty

“Where's the bar?”

Badges & Stats in Pocklington

Have you been to Pocklington?

Latest Activity in Pocklington