"A pleasant riverside place." Teddington by planxty

Teddington Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 49 photos

Not much to tell you.

Teddington is a pleasant, mostly residential affluent suburb in Southwest London, sitting beside the River Thames. It is close to Twickenham and has a reasonable selection of pubs and restaurants.

Teddington is possibly most famous for Teddington Lock, which marks the tidal extent of the river and Teddington Studios which have been home over the years to numerous films and well-known TV series. It is well served by rail transport to Central London (Waterloo is the terminus station) and has good bus links to nearby centres.

• Last visit to Teddington: Oct 2009
  • Intro Written Oct 3, 2009

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Hi Fergy
    Sorry that we did not get to see you- we stayed at the Lensbury in Teddington, and loved the area. Pity about the never ending rain.The lawns at Lensbury were flooded out.
    We have now rented an apartment in Ferry Road (long lease- 10 years lol) and will be returning to London in July for 2-2.5 months
    Must catch up then
    Best regards, Lynne

• planxty's Profile Photo
      Feb 19, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Hello again, Lynne.

Yes it is a shame we didn't get to meet up but I am off doing that pesky travelling thing again lol. I had heard the weather has been appalling and there is some flooding all along the Richmond stretch of the river, I'm glad I am out of it! I know Ferry Road very well, I stay in a lovely B&B there occasionally. I'll be back in UK over the summer (if we ever get one!) to play some gigs so hopefully we can catch up then.

Speak soon,

fergy.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
      Feb 20, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Hey Fergy
      Happy travels and hope to see u next time
      There was flooding in Richmond, Teddington and Kingston, amongst many other places. Best regards

• antistar's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I did not know the fish dance was filmed here! I even took a picture of that lock without realising the significance. I also enjoyed the King's Head - the restaurants in Teddington were generally really good. The Thai place (forget the name now) was fantastic. The hotels, though, were poor to average. I'll have to check out that B&B if I'm ever working in Teddington again!

• planxty's Profile Photo
      Jul 9, 2013 at 4:14 PM

You really should check out Middle Cottage if you can get in, it is undoubtedly the very best B&B I have ever stayed in. The people who run it are just superb. The kids even pop n to the breakfast room to say hello to me before they go to school, it is that friendly. Very rightly awarded various accolades. As for the lock, I had actually been there a few times before I read it was the "fish-slapping place" but you can tell that it is. A little piece of comedy history. I like it round there.

• Jul 10, 2010 at 1:11 PM

I am SO happy I found this! I knew the dance was filmed at the locks but I couldn't figure out where! I'm going to London soon and I want to do a sort of pilgrimage and see a few filming locations...do you happen to know any more??

planxty

“Where's the bar?”

Badges & Stats in Teddington

Have you been to Teddington?

Latest Activity in Teddington