"Head for the border." Chiang Khong by planxty
Chiang Khong Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 40 photos
I visited Chiang Khong seven years ago, again on my way to PDR Lao and I suspect this is the reason most people come here to avail themselves of the border crossing. If I remember correctly, there were less Thai / Lao crossing points open to foreigners then. The increase in tourism in Lao has led to this place becoming bigger and busier than I remember it, although I only stayed there one night this time as my Thai visa was running out. Consequently, I have few tips to offer.
In keeping with the border nature of the place, the photograph is of the Thai Immigration Staion taken from the boat across the Mekong from Thailand to Lao, which will be either the first or last thing the traveller encounters here.
Actually, it is not what I call rock 'n' roll at all, it is what I call Thai pop but it is OK to listen to. What exactly... more travel advice
I was intending to travel from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong by bus, and it was a relatively painless experience. I caught... more travel advice
planxty's Related Pages
Chiang Khong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Head for the border."
- "Gateway to Indo-China"
- "Chiang Khong and Joo"
- "Chiang Khong - Thailand Border along Mekong"
- "WOW, IT CHANGED SO MUCH"
- "Got visa for Laos here"
- "A Trip Form Chiang Mai to Chian KHong"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chiang Khong
- Hotels in Chiang Khong
- Transportation in Chiang Khong
- Restaurants in Chiang Khong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chiang Khong
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (226)
Have you been to Chiang Khong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chiang Khong
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: If Russia joins European Union"
- updated a Chiang Khong Travel Page "Head for the border."
- Commented on one of planxty's Chiang Khong tips
- Wrote a Review That's what I all rock 'n' roll! in Chiang Khong Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "That's what I all rock 'n' roll!"
Photos in Chiang KhongSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 254 reviews, 957 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombo Intro, 41 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 53 reviews, 158 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 37 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 15 reviews, 147 photos, 12 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 25 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sherbrooke Intro, 10 reviews, 134 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 29 reviews, 104 photos
- Philippines Intro, 11 reviews, 115 photos, 11 travelogues