"A quiet little place." Bacong by planxty
Bacong Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 51 photos
The title of this chapter says it all really. I arrived in Bacong having booked three nights accomodation as it was the nearest place to Dumaguete I could get a room at a reasonable price and I am writing this page, still in Bacong, over two weeks later. I rather like it here. Bacong is situated about 10 kilometres South of Dumaguete City on the National Highway. I find it to be an excellent base for Dumaguete and I know there are a lot of expats living round here.
If you do not have your own transport, there are jeepneys plying the highway all day until about nine at night and you can always hire a trike after that so you will never be cut off.
Update 8th March, 2012.
As readers will know, I like to keep my tips up to date so I have to inform you all that the two week figure quoted above is now almost six weeks and rising. I really love this place and it is going to be very hard to get out of it! I'll keep you posted.
Like many settlements in Negros Oriental, Bacong is a linear development following the line of the Highway and bounded on the East by the sea. In fairness, the beaches are not great despite there being several beach resorts along this stretch. There are better beaches further along the road. Bacong is a pretty quiet place, especially at night, when the entertainment consists of a few videoke bars and one or two restaurant bars in the resorts. Quiet certainly but I really like it.
Update 28th March, 2012.
Oh dear oh dear, travel inertia really has taken hold in a big way. It is now about two months and I still have not left Bacong. Apart from the unseasonal weather which has tended to clouds and rain, sometimes monsoonal in intensity, I just love everything about this place and could see me settling on a semi permanant basis. I'll keep you posted.
- Pros:Convenient for Dumaguete, pretty peaceful.
- Cons:Not much to do, especially at night.
- In a nutshell:A great medium or long-term base in the area.
It is unusual for me to write one shopping tip, never mind three on a page about a place as small as Bacong but I really... more travel advice
Here we go again, what's that all about? It is about my complete obsession with Asian public markets and readers of my... more travel advice
planxty's Related Pages
Bacong Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Bacong
- Hotels in Bacong
- Restaurants in Bacong
- Shopping in Bacong
- Warnings and Dangers in Bacong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bacong
- 13 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (226)
Have you been to Bacong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bacong
Photos in BacongSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 253 reviews, 952 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombo Intro, 41 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 53 reviews, 158 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 37 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 15 reviews, 147 photos, 12 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 25 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sherbrooke Intro, 10 reviews, 134 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 29 reviews, 104 photos
- Philippines Intro, 11 reviews, 115 photos, 11 travelogues