"So much more than the Jars." Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Phonsavan by planxty
Ban Phonsavan Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 101 photos
There is no doubt that the nearby Plain of Jars is the major draw of Phonsavanh, and rightly so, they are very impressive. Indeed, one of my only real plans on my current trip was to see them, and I am very glad I did, they truly are an archaeological wonder.
However, there is a lot more to the place, as I hope my tips indicate but the visitor's over-riding memory of the city and surrounding area will probably be of the bombs, which are truly ubiquitous. I know in my tips I make many mentions of them but not to do so would be like discussing Ireland without pubs! I only managed to spend a few days here but could happily have spent much longer. The city itself (really more of a town) has a nice relaxed feel, there are some good food options and the surrounding countryside is truly magnificant.
Whilst returning on my motorcycle from visiting the Tham Piu (see seperate tip) my eye was drawn by a sign indicating... more travel advice
A scooter is a perfectly viable way of getting about Phonsavanh and it's environs, indeed a bicycle would suffice for... more travel advice
planxty's Related Pages
Ban Phonsavan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "So much more than the Jars."
- "Plains, Stupas, UXO's and of course Jars too"
- "JARS, UXO'S, MEMORIALS and VIET COFFEE HOUSES"
- "Gateway to the plain of jars."
- "The wild, wild, wild side....."
- "The Plain of Jars"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ban Phonsavan
- Hotels in Ban Phonsavan
- Transportation in Ban Phonsavan
- Restaurants in Ban Phonsavan
- Shopping in Ban Phonsavan
- Warnings and Dangers in Ban Phonsavan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ban Phonsavan
- 19 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (196)
Have you been to Ban Phonsavan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ban Phonsavan
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- Commented on one of planxty's Ban Phonsavan tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ancient skills in an unchanged place."
- created a Ban Phonsavan Travel Page "So much more than the Jars."
- Wrote a Review Ancient skills in an unchanged place. in Ban Phonsavan Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Ban PhonsavanSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 229 reviews, 791 photos, 38 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombo Intro, 35 reviews, 177 photos, 6 travelogues
- Halifax Intro, 37 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 45 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 15 reviews, 147 photos, 12 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 25 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sherbrooke Intro, 10 reviews, 134 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 29 reviews, 104 photos
- Philippines Intro, 11 reviews, 115 photos, 11 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos