Savannakhet Hotel Tips by planxty Top 5 Page for this destination
Savannakhet Hotels: 477 reviews and 5 photos
Guesthouse verandah, Savannakhet, Lao.
I picked this place from my guidebook and it turned out to be an excellent choice for the budget traveller. Although slightly faded, it was spotlessly clean and a fan room with en-suite hot water came to a very reasonbable 65,000 kip a night (almost exactly £5).
There are several very nice communal areas, including the lovely verandah (see photo) where I was wont to sit of a morning watching the world go by on the main street. Unusually for Lao, the guesthouse does not have a restaurant attached although there are many good options nearby, and they do have a good selection of drinks available.
Motorbikes and bicycles are available for rent. The bikes cost 70,000 kip and the very friendly lady owner doesn't bother bout the usual passport deposit thing. She speaks good English and is a good source of information for the local area.
Unique Qualities: No unique qualities but a very friendly place to stay.
Address: 85 Ratsavongseuk Road, Xayamoungkhoun Village, Savannakhet.
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +00 856 (0)41 212426
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (17)
planxty's Related Pages
Savannakhet Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Crossroads between Thailand and Vietnam"
- "A pleasant riverside town."
- "Not a Very Exciting Place"
- "A little break on our drive south."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Savannakhet
- Hotels in Savannakhet
- Transportation in Savannakhet
- Nightlife in Savannakhet
- Restaurants in Savannakhet
- Shopping in Savannakhet
- Warnings and Dangers in Savannakhet
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Savannakhet
- 18 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (226)
Have you been to Savannakhet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Savannakhet
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: VT Members who have passed Away"
- updated a Savannakhet Travel Page "A pleasant riverside town."
- Commented on one of DSwede's Savannakhet travel pages
- Wrote a Review Guess what there isn't! in Savannakhet Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Guess what there isn't!"
Photos in SavannakhetSee All Photos (19)
Read real reviews about Savannakhet Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 254 reviews, 957 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombo Intro, 41 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 53 reviews, 158 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 37 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 15 reviews, 147 photos, 12 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 25 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sherbrooke Intro, 10 reviews, 134 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 29 reviews, 104 photos
- Philippines Intro, 11 reviews, 115 photos, 11 travelogues