"It's really a suburb now." Top 5 Page for this destination Amarapura by planxty
Amarapura Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 183 photos
Amarapura is an ancient city and former capital of Burma which sits about seven miles South of Mandalay. Nowadays, however, it is difficult to know where Mandalay ends and Amarapura begins. The town sits beside Taungthaman Lake which is crossed by the impressive U Bein bridge, possibly one of the most famous sites in all Myanmar.
I only spent a brief afternoon here, just about time to have a bite to eat, see a couple of temples and, obviously, cross the bridge. If you are in Mandalay, you really should visit.
My guide took me to see this tmeple which is close by the U Bein bridge and lakeside restaurants (see seperate... more travel advice
planxty's Related Pages
Amarapura Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Amarapura - Home of U Beins Bridge"
- "It's really a suburb now."
- "AMARAPURA MYANMAR"
- "The Bridge and Unexpected Lessons"
- "THE CITY OF IMMORTALS..."
- "Old City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amarapura
- Hotels in Amarapura
- Transportation in Amarapura
- Restaurants in Amarapura
- Shopping in Amarapura
- Warnings and Dangers in Amarapura
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amarapura
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Amarapura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amarapura
Photos in AmarapuraSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 227 reviews, 789 photos, 38 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombo Intro, 35 reviews, 177 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 45 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 15 reviews, 147 photos, 12 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 25 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 29 reviews, 104 photos
- Philippines Intro, 11 reviews, 115 photos, 11 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos
- Durham Intro, 20 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 33 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue