Mandalay Transportation Tips by planxty Top 5 Page for this destination
Mandalay Transportation: 43 reviews and 69 photos
Blue jeep taxi, Mandalay, Myanmar.
These things are great fun, if a trifle uncomfortable. They are the blue jeep taxis that seem to be everywhere in Mandalay. I'm not sure what routes they ply, or of they just pick up like a Western taxi, but you can hire one for a whole day for about 10USD. At that price, the driver will take you basically wherever you want including Amarapura and U Bein bridge as well as anywhere within Mandalay itself. You could easily fit four travellers in the back, which makes it a fairly cheap days transportation.
A word of warning here, though. Some of the drivers have a bit of English but not all, so it probably pays to pick your driver, unless of course you speak Burmese.
When I asked (through the guide) how old the vehicle actually was, I was told it was 46. So was I, and I reckon the taxi will still be going long after I'm gone!
More Reviews (19)
planxty's Related Pages
Mandalay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mandalay y las ciudades antiguas"
- "My Road to Mandalay"
- "Second city but not second best."
- "Sunset at U Bein Bridge, Amarapura, Mandalay (1)"
- "Mandalay- a place of underlying contrasts"
- "Quite an experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mandalay
- Hotels in Mandalay
- Transportation in Mandalay
- Nightlife in Mandalay
- Restaurants in Mandalay
- Shopping in Mandalay
- Warnings and Dangers in Mandalay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mandalay
- 20 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (201)
Have you been to Mandalay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mandalay
Photos in MandalaySee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 233 reviews, 884 photos, 48 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombo Intro, 35 reviews, 177 photos, 6 travelogues
- Halifax Intro, 37 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 45 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 15 reviews, 147 photos, 12 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 25 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sherbrooke Intro, 10 reviews, 134 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 29 reviews, 104 photos
- Philippines Intro, 11 reviews, 115 photos, 11 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (171)
- Mandalay Hill- 17 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Shwenandaw Kyaung (Teak Temple)- 13 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Amarapura / U Bein bridge- 10 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Mahamuni (Big) Paya- 9 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Palace Complex / Fort- 10 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Kuthodaw Paya- 11 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Sandamani (Sanda Muni) Paya- 6 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Mingun Paya- 4 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Zeigyo (Central Market)- 2 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Pondaw Pagoda, Mingun- 1 Review, 4 Photos
See All Mandalay Things to Do