"Beautiful Bozeman" Top 5 Page for this destination Bozeman by rcargo
Bozeman Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 73 photos
After living in Bozeman for nearly five years, it is perhaps the one place I've found (besides the open ocean) that I am truly excited to call "home". Bozeman has so many wonderful aspects it's hard to rank them. So here they are in no particular order:
-Montana State University
A wonderful college with beautiful views of the mountains. This is a level headed campus that manages to have great academic programs while still a bit of a "party school" mentality.
Bozeman is not the place to come to make a lot of money, or to flaunt it if you've got it. Therefore nearly everyone who lives here is here because they love the place. Whether they love the mountains, the fishing, the university, or simply the small town atmosphere, they're here to enjoy life and do so in a friendly manner.
Awesome skiing, both at world class ski resorts and in the backcountry, surrounds Bozeman. In addition, rock climbing and a lifetime of ice climbing is as close as 10 minutes from town. Hiking here ranges from a short stroll up the College "M" hill, to day hikes in the Bridgers, to backpacking trips all the way to Yellowstone National Park.
Glacier, Yellostone, and Teton National Parks are all only a half days drive away, as well as lesser known state parks and wilderness areas that anywhere else would be full blown National Parks!
While the winters can be a little cold, there are very few "miserable" days. Cold or not, most days are sunny a clear and perfect for snow sports. All the while summers are warm enough for a day of floating down a river in your swimming suit.
* Please note that this photo has been used without permision from the Montana State University Website
- Pros:Friendly people, a great University & a lifetime of outdoor recreation
- Cons:Winter can be a little cold!
- In a nutshell:Come for a visit, stay for a lifetime
After five years here (OK, so maybe I'm a little baised) I still think MSU is one of the pretties campuses around.... more travel advice
If you've made it to Emerald Lake (see my other travel tip and driving directions), hike just another mile or so to... more travel advice
rcargo's Related Pages
Bozeman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bozeman, Finally!"
- "College town"
- "Beautiful Bozeman"
- "Excellent Bozeman Resource"
- "Go Cats!"
- "Bozeman - where's Bozeman?"
- "Mountains, mountains, mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bozeman
- Hotels in Bozeman
- Transportation in Bozeman
- Restaurants in Bozeman
- Shopping in Bozeman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bozeman
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bozeman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bozeman
Photos in BozemanSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Heidelberg Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bozeman Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Liberec Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Kauai Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Vancouver Island Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Grand Manan Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Victoria Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Prague 1 review, 2 photos
- Alma Intro, 2 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Bozeman hotel reviews
- Wingate Inn Bozeman
- 203 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Motel 6 Bozeman
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 26, 2013
- AmericInn of Bozeman, MT
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- C'mon Inn
- 292 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Microtel Inn N Suites Bozeman
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Voss Inn Bed & Breakfast
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 7, 2013
- Fox Hollow Bed And Breakfast
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013