"Liberec, CZ" Liberec by rcargo
Liberec Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 146 photos
Liberec (about 65 miles, 110 km north east of Prague) may be a city of 100,000 people, but it still has the relaxing, quite feel of a small mountain town. I originally went to Liberec from Prague only because it was in the direction of a few things I wanted to see in northern Czech. But it ended up such a nice place I stayed there for three days, relaxing in various cafes and restaurants, wandering the snowy streets, and swimming at the town's aquapark. Many people I met both in Liberec and after I returned to Prague were very surprised that a tourist from outside of Czech would go "all the way" (about an hour) there from Prague. My only reply is that it was a wonderful detour, and I highly recommend going there to anyone no matter how long their visit to Czech is. No matter how wonderful Prague is, it’s far from being the entire country!
As I mentioned above, I had originally planned on visiting the Czech-Swiss National Park and Ceský Ráj to visit the mountainous landscape. While I didn't have time to get outside of Liberec, the beautiful landscape was obvious both from the city itself and the bus between there and Prague. After seeing what it was like around Liberec, I can only imagine what the Czech-Swiss National Park and Ceský Ráj must be like. Guess that means I'll have to make another trip there someday!
Spreading out in most directions from the old town square in Liberec are numerous small streets sloping with the contour of the land. Many of them are home to small restaurants, pubs, shops, and bakeries. If you follow your nose it won't take long to find the streets with bakeries on them. This particular bakery (soon to be listed in the Tips section) had such delicious treats that it literally warmed the entire street up with the smell of freshly baked pastries.
- Pros:Small town feel, skiing nearby, friendly people.
- Cons:Better be able to speak a little Czech!
- In a nutshell:Get out of Prague for a while and see some Czech countryside!
Imagine a bus with assigned seating, a plush and immaculate interior, music or television for all with provided... more travel advice
While costing a bit more than a hostel, a stay at the Pension Jasmín is well worth it. After a single night there I... more travel advice
rcargo's Related Pages
Liberec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "New Year's Eve in Liberec"
- "Welcome to LIBEREC (REICHENBERG)"
- "LIBEREC - MORE THERE THAN WHAT I SAW!"
- "eddieman's new Liberec Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Liberec
- Hotels in Liberec
- Transportation in Liberec
- Nightlife in Liberec
- Restaurants in Liberec
- Shopping in Liberec
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Liberec
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Liberec?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Liberec
Photos in LiberecSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Heidelberg Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bozeman Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Liberec Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Kauai Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Vancouver Island Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Grand Manan Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Victoria Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Prague 1 review, 2 photos
- Alma Intro, 2 photos