"Melnik, Castle and wine" Melnik by BeChar
Melnik Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 27 photos
Melnik is a district and a city, capital of the district.
Melnik city is at the confluence of the Moldau (Vltava) and Elbe (Labe) rivers, 35 km north to Praha. It is dominated by the Castle and the Church of Saints Peter and Paul, visible from all directions.
Historical references are clearly linked to the castle which quickly became the residence of Queens and Princesses of Bohemia (e.g. Princess Ludmilla).
Click here for a historical presentation.
Visit castles in Melnik city and district and taste wine (Must See activities).
When visiting Melnik, we were driven by car by our gids (a Brussels-Praha couple) who led us to Melnik Castle, having... more travel advice
BeChar's Related Pages
Melnik Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Melnik
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Melnik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melnik
Photos in MelnikSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 82 reviews, 91 photos
- Brussels Intro, 48 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos
- Torgny Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Ulm Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Alghero Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- Cambron-Casteau Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Torrejón de Ardoz Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Innsbruck Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Nijmegen Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos