"Cambron-Casteau and Paradisio" Cambron-Casteau by BeChar
Cambron-Casteau Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 18 photos
Cambron-Casteau used to have an important influence till the XVIIIth century, thanks to its Abbey, settled in 1148 by Cistercian Monsks.
For instance, the watermill of Ronquières, village of my childhood situated more than 30 km far from Cambron, is named "Moulin Cambron", due to the dependence of Ronquières to Cambron, several centuries ago.
The abbey domain has been left in 1797 and bought by a rich family. Classified in 1982, it was acquired in 1993 to become the domain "Paradisio", nature and leisure park.
The Cambron village also contains other monuments of interest: Farm "Labrique" (1768), Church "St Vincent" (XIII, classified 1982) and a watermill (XVIII).
Discover (cont'd): 6. "Nautilus", a fascinating aquarium; 7. More than 80000 plant species. In particular, there are 300... more travel advice
Nearly all the attractions of the Paradisio Park focus on animals. Paradisio is said to be the largest aviary of Europe,... more travel advice
BeChar's Related Pages
Cambron-Casteau Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Cambron-Casteau
- 4 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Cambron-Casteau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambron-Casteau
Photos in Cambron-CasteauSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 82 reviews, 91 photos
- Brussels Intro, 48 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos
- Torgny Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Ulm Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Alghero Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- Cambron-Casteau Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Torrejón de Ardoz Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Innsbruck Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Nijmegen Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos