"Paris" Paris by BeChar

Paris Travel Guide: 22,629 reviews and 55,559 photos

I first visited Paris in 1975 with the school, ending primary education. I can not say I remember much except the Eiffel tower, the Seine and the hotel, full of 11 years old children.

In 1992, I went again for a mini trip by train. It was in May and we walked long in the parks and streets. I was impressed by large avenues, big houses and the continuous activity.

I later passed several times in Paris for professional reasons. During the years 2001 and 2002, I worked for my PhD thesis at ENST (Ecole National des Télécommunications, rue Barrault, 75013). I nearly spent one third of those two years and visited many places.

Paris appears to me overcrowded to live there: heavy traffic and noise, tiny places in appartments, restaurants or at work, long queues nearly everywhere, ...
I enjoy living in Brussels, what does not prevent me to visit Paris from time to time.

• Last visit to Paris: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 17, 2005

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2005 at 10:49 PM

Great Butte aux Cailles tip, Charles! Now if I lived in Brussels as you do, I would be in Paris most weekends! The Thalys train will become my best friend... Greetings from San Francisco!

• ptitetoile's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2005 at 6:27 AM

Chouette tip sur La Butte aux cailles -) Tu as vu? Tu es classé maintenant! Et quand est-ce que tu publiera la photo de Tintin à Bruxelles?

BeChar

“Discover multiple facets of live”

Badges & Stats in Paris