"Amicalola Falls State Park" Amicalola Falls State Park by leplaya
Amicalola Falls State Park Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 19 photos
The 729-foot fall is the center peice of this park. It is the highest waterfall in Georgia and supposedly the highest, cascading waterfall in the US east of the Mississippi river. Either way, it's beautiful and the trail lets you view it from many different angles and get great views of it. It's only about 1-1.5 hours from Atlanta.
Another reason why this park is well known is that it is how most hikers head to the Appalachian Trail - a 2175 mile trail through the Appalachian mountains that ends in Maine. There's an 8.5 mile hike to the top of Springer Mountain, the official beginning of the Appalachian Trail, but a drive around the mountain can get you within a mile's hike to the top.
- Pros:Easy to get to, great park, beautiful falls
- In a nutshell:Worth seeing if you're tired of Atlanta.
If you're lazy or if you don't have much time (I'd like to say my case was the latter) you can get much closer the start... more travel advice
leplaya's Related Pages
Amicalola Falls State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A walk in the woods"
- "Amicalola Falls State Park"
- "The Georgia Mountains"
- "Water fall in the Park"
- "Welcome to Amicalola Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amicalola Falls State Park
- Hotels in Amicalola Falls State Park
- Restaurants in Amicalola Falls State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amicalola Falls State Park
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Amicalola Falls State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amicalola Falls State Park
Top 10 Pages
- Sevilla Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Grindelwald Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Granada Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Inishmore Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- San Francisco 14 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Ljubljana Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Lisbon 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Dublin Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.