"Medieval Germany and Modern College Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn by leplaya
Marburg an der Lahn Travel Guide: 210 reviews and 853 photos
Marburg is one of the few German cities that survived World War 1 and World War 2, therefore, the city center still contains the original 14th-17th century buildings. Sitting on a hill next to the Lahn river it is what I picture old Germany as, with medieval architecture, winding stairs, and a castle on a hill above it.
Marburg is a young town in an old setting. With 18,000 students the city has a festive atmosphere with lots of outdoor cafe's, restaurants, and interesting stores. The University dates from the 16th century, and was the first protestant university in Germany.
- Pros:Great architecture, fun city
- Cons:small city
- In a nutshell:Great place to spend at least a day
Marburg’s cathedral, located near the main train station, on the north end of the old city. more travel advice
A tower located on a 377 m hill across the river from the city, this is a great place to get a view of Marburg and the... more travel advice
leplaya's Related Pages
Marburg an der Lahn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Marburg - the most lovely town in Germany :-)"
- "Marburg - My Home For 11 Years"
- "Medieval Germany and Modern College Town"
- "More Stairs than Venice Has Canals"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marburg an der Lahn
- Hotels in Marburg an der Lahn
- Transportation in Marburg an der Lahn
- Nightlife in Marburg an der Lahn
- Restaurants in Marburg an der Lahn
- Shopping in Marburg an der Lahn
- Warnings and Dangers in Marburg an der Lahn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marburg an der Lahn
- 10 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Marburg an der Lahn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marburg an der Lahn
Top 10 Pages
- Sevilla Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Grindelwald Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Granada Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Inishmore Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- San Francisco 14 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Ljubljana Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Lisbon 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Dublin Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.