"100,000 people flood Manchester" Manchester by jasta_305

Manchester Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 22 photos

for Bonnaro

Okay, so this is not really about the town of Manchester --- but it is about the 700 acre farm in Manchester where bonaroo was held.
It took us about 15 hours to get to Manchester- and another 3 to get into the concert---but we werelucky, somehow we ended up in a different lane of traffic and got in rather quickly, some people were stuck on the highway for hours and hours.
This was our first big trip in the van and it held up pretty well I must say.

The first day it was hot, really hot

and muggy, but then it started raining, which I actually prefered.
The concert itself was really cool although you know they wanted to mess with people because all of their stages and tents were named; what tent, this tent, that stage and which stage- yeah they knew how to mess with us drunk people. And dont get me started on finding our campsite. We never did figure out how to get back there from the concert site- we usually spent and hour or two wandering around looking for our van.

We went to Bonnaro and left with Bonnariah

The music definately made the confusion worth it, we saw so many good band- including Jack Johnson, Joss Stone, jurrasic 5, Yonder Mt., Keller Williams, Black Crowes, Ozamatli... and one of the best parts----I stood 3 feet from John Mayer and Dave Matthews! Supa!

• Pros:awesome music, meeting new people, ALL AROUND GOOD TIME...
  • Cons:mud, stinky porta potties, no shower, living w/ 100,000 people for three days
  • In a nutshell:Dont miss it!
  • Last visit to Manchester: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 15, 2005

• Rickman77's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2005 at 9:46 AM

Sadly I didn´t get to make it this year. I have been traveling around Peru for 5 weeks though, so I guess that´s an even trade...

jasta_305

“the rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...”

Badges & Stats in Manchester

Have you been to Manchester?

Latest Activity in Manchester