"Wellsboro, home of PA's Grand Canyon" Wellsboro by jasta_305
Wellsboro Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 44 photos
We stopped off on our way home from Corning, NY. Since it was a spontaneous side trip we didnt really know the exact location of the overlook, so it took some driving and stopping and (asking for directions). (The "Grand Canyon" is located about 10 miles from Wellsboro) When we finally got there it really was very scenic, not quite as grand as the real one- but definately worth a look if your in the area.
On the way home we stumbled across a little antique shop, - and although the shop itself wasnt open, the lawn was peppered with these stange metal sculptures. These creatures are quite creative. Unfortunuatly I cant tell you how to get there, but I know it was off a main road heading out of Wellsboro. (rt. 6?) Maybe a couple miles out of the town.
Check out the Welsboro site for more info:http://www.wellsboropa.com/
- In a nutshell:Not quiet as grand as the real thing- but definately a great overlook!
jasta_305's Related Pages
Wellsboro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pennsylvania's Grand Canyon"
- "My Hometown"
- "Gateway to the Canyon"
- "WELLSBORO - GATEWAY TO THE GRAND CANYON"
- "cword's new Wellsboro Page"
- "windoweb's new Wellsboro Page"
- "Wellsboro, home of PA's Grand Canyon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wellsboro
- Nightlife in Wellsboro
- Restaurants in Wellsboro
- Warnings and Dangers in Wellsboro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wellsboro
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Wellsboro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wellsboro
Top 10 Pages
- New Orleans Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pittsburgh Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Memphis Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- New York City Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Wellsboro Intro, 3 photos
- Manchester Intro, 3 photos
- Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 2 photos
- Lewisburg Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Slidell 1 review