"A stop along the way..." Fort Macleod by jojocan

Fort Macleod Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 24 photos

Our touristy thing

Along the way to Waterton from Calgary is Fort Macleod, a lovely old town. The mainstreet is so pretty, all the old buildings.

Making friends along the way...

Walking down mainstreet you will find all sorts of cute shops, from antiques to jewlery to gift shops. I bought a great pair of sandles at the discount store. (we also got gumballs and cotton candy there!)

• Pros:very pretty
  • Cons:one way streets
  • In a nutshell:a lovely stop along the way
  • Last visit to Fort Macleod: May 2005
  • Intro Written May 16, 2005

• hotsauce28's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2006 at 1:43 PM

i figured if you're building a house to move in together, the next step is a baby.. then the wedding. =))

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2006 at 3:23 AM

Nice tips on the Fort! My wife and I drove right past it and I wanted to stop, but our time limits were too tight! Maybe next time.

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2006 at 1:59 AM

gophers are they lig moles? Nice mounties btw - Hope you had a great birthday the other day :-)

• Apr 25, 2006 at 2:10 PM

thanks for the reminders of life in Fort Macleod. I moved away a long time ago...and the bear you were posing by at the Igloo Drive-In was called a Litter Bear.

• Sobe-A-Rush's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2005 at 10:18 AM

My family actually moved to Canada when i was 11 so i tagged along :|.....so now im here...

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2005 at 3:54 PM

hahahahahahahha. To a sweet "T" for sure! I gotta tell Hansi, he will love it.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2005 at 11:17 AM

Did I notice Bill Murray in the background on the baseball field???

• Tina-Perth's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2005 at 6:11 AM

Poor little buggers!

jojocan

“Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to nail jello to a tree (Lisa Bryant)”

Badges & Stats in Fort Macleod

Have you been to Fort Macleod?

Latest Activity in Fort Macleod