Grande Prairie Sports & Outdoors Tips by jojocan
Grande Prairie Sports & Outdoors: 6 reviews and 3 photos
The golf course
Mini Links Miniature Golf
18 hole miniature golf course, fun for the whole family. Tourists welcome, no reservations required.
Adults $4.50; Children 14 and under $3.50. Family and group rates available.
Mini Links also has the best ice cream place in Grande Prairie in the summer - excellent shakes, sundaes, and they are always stocked on blue bubblegum ice cream!
Equipment: No equipment required - they provide balls, putters, score cards and pencils!
Apparently, as seen in the pic, they also rent bikes here.
Directions: Located just off downtown in Muskoseepi Park - access via 100 Avenue
Phone: (780) 538-4500
Bear Creek Golf and Country Club
18 holes, pro shop, clubhouse/lounge, and cart, club rentals.
$13/9 holes, $21/18 holes weekdays; $15/9 holes, $24/18 holes weekends/holidays. In the fall, unlimited usage after 6 p.m. for $12
This is a great, kid friendly golf course. No dress code, slower pace, and smaller than the classy courses. This is the place to go when you want to laugh and drink beer!
Directions: Located west of the city on 132 Avenue (turn at GP Honda)
Phone: (780) 538-3393
There are many places to hunt and fish in and around Grande Prairie. To find out what licenses you need, where to get them, and the seasons you can catch certain wildlife in, please check out the following websites:
Hunting Information - www.gov.ab.ca/env/fw/hunting/body.html
Fishing Information - www.gov.ab.ca/evn/fw/fishing/index.html
Theme: Fishing Trips
Grande Prairie Golf & Country Club
18 hole course, par 72, watered fairways and greens, driving range, club professional, rentals, power carts, full food and beverage facilities, pro shop.
Green fees $38/18, $21/9 holes
Equipment: A low key dress code is in effect - jean are okay on the driving range, but not the course itself.
You can rent pull carts, or driving carts for those that don't want to carry clubs, or walk.
Directions: Located on the south side of the city - access via Resources Road
a shat from across the river...
Nitehawk Ski Area - enjoy winter downhill skiing and snowboarding from late November to early April, night skiing available. Summer facilities available for BBQ's, Weddings, Staff Functions, Retirement Parties, Family Reunions
Nitehawk also has the best ski chalet for miles. Me, being a non-skier, have spent many a days drinking hot chocolate and baily's - with whipped cream, naturally!
Equipment: Nitehawk has a rental facility for skis, snowboards, boots, poles, etc.
Directions: Located 16 km south of Grande Prairie off Highway 40
Phone: (780) 532-6637
More Reviews (18)
- See All A day to relax
- See All Everything Country
- See All Local News
- Great Specials all week long!
jojocan's Related Pages
Grande Prairie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home Town"
- "The Grand life in Grande Prairie!"
- "My New Home"
- "Just a stop over?....best hotel on trip!"
- "Grande Prairie...Heart of the Peace River country"
- "GP Alberta"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grande Prairie
- Hotels in Grande Prairie
- Transportation in Grande Prairie
- Restaurants in Grande Prairie
- Warnings and Dangers in Grande Prairie
- See All...
Explore the World
- Markandonata Hotels
- Våmhus Hotels
- Quarteira Hotels
- Wymondham Hotels
- Valasske Mezirici
Badges & Stats in Grande Prairie
- 23 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Grande Prairie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grande Prairie
Photos in Grande PrairieSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waterton Lakes National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos
- Grande Prairie Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Calgary Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valleyview Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Wyoming Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Red Deer Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Fort Macleod Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Hamilton Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Alberta 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Drumheller Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
Latest Grande Prairie hotel reviews
- Podollan Inn and Spa
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Ramada Grande Prairie Clairmont
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 5, 2013
- Quality Hotel And Conference Center, Grande Prairie
- 1 Review & Opinion