"Welcome To Red Deer" Top 5 Page for this destination Red Deer by jojocan

Red Deer Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 99 photos

I spent a few hours recently touring around Red Deer. Was there for a board meeting, and had a bit of free time. It looked like a very nice town. I, naturally, was there durning the flooding, and couldn't walk down the trails, or even downtown, but I did drive around a bit, and I stopped at the Alberta Sports Museum, which Red Deer is home too. That was fun!

I saw this in the Sports Museum while visiting, and thought it was kind of interesting. It talks about a young man named Deerfoot, who ran in many races across canada. People from England even came over to race him, never winning though! He could run 5 miles in 27 minutes, in his moccasins!!!

Deerfoot Trail in Calgary, which is a scary road to drive, is named after this guy.

Pretty interesting, hey?! See, you can learn things at museums!

• Pros:clean, friendly people
  • Cons:one way streets, got lost a few times....
  • In a nutshell:need more time to explore this town...
  • Last visit to Red Deer: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 28, 2005

• hotsauce28's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2006 at 1:39 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! so, have you set a date???

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2006 at 8:41 PM

Quite a few actually, that's why I"m against it!

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2006 at 5:12 PM

At Husky Gas Station... do you have to lower your voice to place an order there??? ;)

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2006 at 10:24 AM

Mr. Deerfoot was quite a guy--"fleet of foot" one might say. Have a great 2006!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2006 at 5:36 PM

What a fun place to visit. Nice page, nice hotel. Glad someone stayed up late enough to feed you there.

• Rhondaj's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2005 at 4:30 AM

I like the name "Red Deer" for a town. And interactive museums are the best!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2005 at 9:01 AM

Nice link to Calgary's Deer Foot Trail - Nice tip about the gift shop - always look at the label Happy Travels

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2005 at 2:44 PM

I must've passed through Red Deer many years ago when I drove from Calgary to Edmonton......But we never stopped....I guess I should go back....

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2005 at 2:31 PM

So I get this postcard today from Red Deer and it is about Ghosts. Do I see anything about Ghosts on your Red Deer page? Well....Noooooo

jojocan

“Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to nail jello to a tree (Lisa Bryant)”

Badges & Stats in Red Deer

Have you been to Red Deer?

Latest Activity in Red Deer