"Welcome To Red Deer" Top 5 Page for this destination Red Deer by jojocan
Red Deer Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 99 photos
I spent a few hours recently touring around Red Deer. Was there for a board meeting, and had a bit of free time. It looked like a very nice town. I, naturally, was there durning the flooding, and couldn't walk down the trails, or even downtown, but I did drive around a bit, and I stopped at the Alberta Sports Museum, which Red Deer is home too. That was fun!
I saw this in the Sports Museum while visiting, and thought it was kind of interesting. It talks about a young man named Deerfoot, who ran in many races across canada. People from England even came over to race him, never winning though! He could run 5 miles in 27 minutes, in his moccasins!!!
Deerfoot Trail in Calgary, which is a scary road to drive, is named after this guy.
Pretty interesting, hey?! See, you can learn things at museums!
- Pros:clean, friendly people
- Cons:one way streets, got lost a few times....
- In a nutshell:need more time to explore this town...
Heritage Ranch looks like a great place to spend a day (as long as its not raining, which it was when I was there, so I... more travel advice
You know how most places you go to, and you pick up a little souveniour, and it says "made in china" when you aren't in... more travel advice
jojocan's Related Pages
Red Deer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Red Deer - One winter week living in Alberta"
- "Welcome To Red Deer"
- "Darby2's Red Deer Page"
- "RED DEER"
- "Red Deer....yes it is a place"
- "BANFF, LAKE LOUISE, RED DEER, ROCKY MOUNTAINS, SKI"
- "Red Deer, Alberta"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Red Deer
- Hotels in Red Deer
- Transportation in Red Deer
- Nightlife in Red Deer
- Restaurants in Red Deer
- Shopping in Red Deer
- Warnings and Dangers in Red Deer
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Red Deer
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Red Deer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Red Deer
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waterton Lakes National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos
- Grande Prairie Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Calgary Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valleyview Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Wyoming Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Red Deer Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Fort Macleod Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Hamilton Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Alberta 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drumheller Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos