"Fox Creek" Valleyview by jojocan

Valleyview Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 8 photos

taking kiwi's advice...

Okay, this page is not about Valleyview, its about Fox Creek, but Fox Creek is not on the VT map yet, and I just scanned in all my pics and was too excited to wait until they added in the town for me, so here I am.

Fox Creek is located about 45 minutes south on Hwy. 43 of Valleyview, and about 45 minutes north of Whitecourt. It is a small town standing by itself. The town is built and sustained by the oilfield industry, and it is obvious when you go there.

There is no public swimming pool, no public library, and about 15 lounges to go to. I spent 11 weeks in Fox Creek working, and when found out there was no wholesome activites to partake in, spend most of my time drinking. Girls - the lounges are filled with boys with money that will buy you drinks. I think I only bought one drink, and that got sent over to a cute boy!

Because of the lack of activites in town, most of my free time was spent in the surrounding area (I was also surveying at the time, and spent my days outside).

• Pros:lots of outdoor activits, lots of males compared to females
  • Cons:no wholesome family activities in town - stay in the campgrounds!
  • Last visit to Valleyview: Oct 2001
  • Intro Written Feb 6, 2005

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2007 at 8:05 PM

We all care for it ... but I planted it! So there! :) It's all so yummy ...

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2005 at 4:29 AM

Ive added Canada to my ' must see ' list.

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2005 at 5:54 AM

Really pretty picture; my hubby has a friend that lives near Valleyview.

• Darby2's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2005 at 5:33 PM

Many is the time I've fished for walleye in Smoke Lake, and fished for grayling in the Berland River. A nice area.

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 8:46 AM

What a beautiful place Fox Creek is. I can see why yoou went ahead and started your pages. :-) Kat

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 2:10 AM

Nice start, looking forward to more.

jojocan

“Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to nail jello to a tree (Lisa Bryant)”

Badges & Stats in Valleyview

Have you been to Valleyview?

Latest Activity in Valleyview