"Fox Creek" Valleyview by jojocan
Valleyview Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 8 photos
Okay, this page is not about Valleyview, its about Fox Creek, but Fox Creek is not on the VT map yet, and I just scanned in all my pics and was too excited to wait until they added in the town for me, so here I am.
Fox Creek is located about 45 minutes south on Hwy. 43 of Valleyview, and about 45 minutes north of Whitecourt. It is a small town standing by itself. The town is built and sustained by the oilfield industry, and it is obvious when you go there.
There is no public swimming pool, no public library, and about 15 lounges to go to. I spent 11 weeks in Fox Creek working, and when found out there was no wholesome activites to partake in, spend most of my time drinking. Girls - the lounges are filled with boys with money that will buy you drinks. I think I only bought one drink, and that got sent over to a cute boy!
Because of the lack of activites in town, most of my free time was spent in the surrounding area (I was also surveying at the time, and spent my days outside).
- Pros:lots of outdoor activits, lots of males compared to females
- Cons:no wholesome family activities in town - stay in the campgrounds!
The campgrounds near Fox Creek are great places to hike around in and have a nice fire to roast marshmallows! Even if... more travel advice
Smoke Lake is a very clean lake, one you can actually go swimming in! It is beautiful, lots of big trees, and a clean... more travel advice
jojocan's Related Pages
Valleyview Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Valleyview
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Valleyview?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valleyview
Photos in ValleyviewSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waterton Lakes National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos
- Grande Prairie Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Calgary Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valleyview Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Wyoming Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Red Deer Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Fort Macleod Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Hamilton Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Alberta 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drumheller Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos