Waterton Lakes National Park Things to Do Tips by jojocan Top 5 Page for this destination
Waterton Lakes National Park Things to Do: 75 reviews and 150 photos
Scooter Riding! How can you beat that? You can go anywhere in the park on the scooter, and its so much fun! The cost was about $50 a day, and you can go as long as you want. Its worth the price!
Address: 224 Mt. View Road
Directions: There is one place to rent scooters, and its a gas station when you enter the town. You'll see it - its the place with scooters out front!
We went on a great boat trip around Upper Waterton Lake. Not only was the scenery fantastic, but the captain was filled with information on local history, wildlife and people. It was great!
Directions: Go to the docks
Cameron Falls is a very pretty little waterfall located right in the campground in town. You can walk up a path to the top of it, or look at it from the bridge below. Be careful - when its windy out, you will get wet!
Directions: In town, in the campground. Follow the sound of the waterfalls....
Cameron Lake is located about 15 kms out of the town of Waterton, and has many activites at it. First, you have the lake, where you can go fishing, or paddleboating on. Then you have the trails, which many start from right at the parking lot. You also have a little centre that gives you some history of the place, and a great, great view!
Directions: Right before you get into town, you will see a sign that says Cameron Lake. Turn right, follow the road, and you are there!
There is a stable in Waterton that you can go to ride horses. When I went, a friend of mine was scared of real live horses, but found one in town that she agreed to go on....
Directions: Just outside of Pats, on mainstreet
Just being there at the park is amazing. There are several campgrounds with wonderful walking trails that you HAVE to go down! They are so beautiful. Most aren't hard walks either, easy strolls.
This was so much fun! And the cool thing about it was, on one side of the lake, you were in Alberta, on the other side, you were in British Columbia! Of course, you had to be in good shape to paddle all the way to the other side.... you can also fish from the boats. You can rent rods and such from the same guy as you rent the boats.
I can't remembre exactly the cost of this, but I think it was something like $7 per hour. And it was fun!
Directions: You can go paddle boating at Cameron Lake. Enter the park through the gates, and from there just follow the signs. You can't get lost!
More Reviews (21)
- Golfing in the mountains.... what could...
- See All The best view in town
- See All Like a Chinese Denny's
- See All The general store
- Depending on when you go...
jojocan's Related Pages
Waterton Lakes National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What to do in & around Waterton"
- "The trip to Waterton...."
- "Alberta's Forgotten Gem - Waterton Lakes NP"
- "Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada"
- "Waterton Lakes, An Undiscovered Gem"
- "Waterton Lakes National Park."
- "Waterton Lakes National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Waterton Lakes National Park
- Hotels in Waterton Lakes National Park
- Transportation in Waterton Lakes National Park
- Nightlife in Waterton Lakes National Park
- Restaurants in Waterton Lakes National Park
- Shopping in Waterton Lakes National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Waterton Lakes National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hellnar Hotels
- Treasure Beach Hotels
- Cooper Island Hotels
- Bohorok Hotels
- Barrow in Furness
- Havre de Grace
Badges & Stats in Waterton Lakes National Park
- 28 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Waterton Lakes National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waterton Lakes National Park
Photos in Waterton Lakes National ParkSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waterton Lakes National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos
- Grande Prairie Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Calgary Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valleyview Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Wyoming Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Red Deer Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Fort Macleod Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Hamilton Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Alberta 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Drumheller Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
Latest Waterton Lakes National Park hotel reviews
- Bayshore Inn
- 230 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Prince of Wales Hotel
- 347 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Crandell Mountain Lodge
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Bear Mountain Motel
- 116 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Aspen Village Inn
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013
- Waterton Glacier Suites
- 198 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013
- Waterton Springs Campground
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 3, 2013
- Kilmorey Lodge
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 20, 2009