Waterton Lakes National Park Restaurant Tips by jojocan Top 5 Page for this destination
Waterton Lakes National Park Restaurants: 26 reviews and 29 photos
Frank's is a lovely restaurant. I equate it to a Dennys or Humptys, as in, a place you can go and always know the food is going to taste the same.
I haven't tried the chinese food here, but it sure smells good.
Favorite Dish: If you want a real breakfast (eggs, toast, bacon, hashbrowns) at a truckstop price, come here!
Address: 106A Waterton Ave
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Main Street Wateron
Price: less than US$10
Theme: Chinese/Dim Sum
Our favorite waiter!
This was by far the best place I have ever eaten. The food was amazing - so, so good. The service, second to none. We had a great server, who not only knew what we wanted when we sat down, but would say hi to us when he saw us outside of the hotel.
Favorite Dish: The chocolate mousse for dessert is to die for!
Comparison: about average
Directions: Located in the Waterton Lakes Lodge Hotel.
I was not very impressed with this place. It is very stuffy, uptight, which is not me at all. There were 4 items on the dinner menu, and you couldn't order off of the lunch menu. And it was expensive for food that was ordinary.
The only good thing about here is that you have a great view to eat on the balcony - overlooking the lake and mountains.
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: One mainstreet
The hotel, the Prince of Wales, is a wonderful building. Queens, kings, and of course, princes have stayed in it. Its full of history! It is a very classy kind of place, you can't wear sweatpants or tank tops into it. Great atmoshere though, comfortable, and relaxing.
You can walk outside of the hotel around the yard. Its beautiful. Lots of flowers and a view to die for!
It is very expensive, not only to stay at the hotel, but to eat there. Two of us went to the lounge, had a drink each (special coffee type), and a dessert (cheesecake), and it was over $30! But worth it.
Comparison: most expensive
Directions: It is the large hotel on top of the hill! When driving into the Park, just follow the signs. You'll see the hotel no problem.
More Reviews (24)
- Golfing in the mountains.... what could...
- See All The best view in town
- See All Waterfalls in town
- See All The general store
- Depending on when you go...
jojocan's Related Pages
Waterton Lakes National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What to do in & around Waterton"
- "The trip to Waterton...."
- "Alberta's Forgotten Gem - Waterton Lakes NP"
- "Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada"
- "Waterton Lakes, An Undiscovered Gem"
- "Waterton Lakes National Park."
- "Waterton Lakes National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Waterton Lakes National Park
- Hotels in Waterton Lakes National Park
- Transportation in Waterton Lakes National Park
- Nightlife in Waterton Lakes National Park
- Restaurants in Waterton Lakes National Park
- Shopping in Waterton Lakes National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Waterton Lakes National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kampong Raja Pagoh Hotels
- Dietlikon Hotels
- Pamukova Hotels
- Anna Maria Hotels
- Perkins Town
Badges & Stats in Waterton Lakes National Park
- 28 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Waterton Lakes National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waterton Lakes National Park
Photos in Waterton Lakes National ParkSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waterton Lakes National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos
- Grande Prairie Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Calgary Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valleyview Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Wyoming Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Red Deer Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Fort Macleod Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Hamilton Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Alberta 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Drumheller Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
Latest Waterton Lakes National Park hotel reviews
- Bayshore Inn
- 230 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Prince of Wales Hotel
- 347 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Crandell Mountain Lodge
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Bear Mountain Motel
- 116 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Aspen Village Inn
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013
- Waterton Glacier Suites
- 198 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013
- Waterton Springs Campground
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 3, 2013
- Kilmorey Lodge
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 20, 2009