"From Bern to Fribourg" Fribourg by bianchis
Fribourg Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 299 photos
What does Fribourg have in common with Bern - they have the same founder the Herzog von Zaehringen.
Fribourg is also where the two languages meet French and German.
You will be greeted by "Gruetzi" or
Using the rural road from Bern to Fribourg you can really enjoy the countryside and because traffic is less and it really is a pleasure to watch the green hills and rivers rolling by.
Park your car at the bottom and walk up the hundreds of step. You will experience the narrow alley ways and ancient buildings where people still live in.
- Pros:Experience a historical city
- Cons:you have to be fit to climb the 100's of steps
- In a nutshell:Not many tourist so you have the city to yourself to discover at your hearts content. Sit in one of the restaurants or cafes at the top looking down to the river and experience the wonderful scenery. Visit the Cathedral climb the 386 steps to the top
If you find the going up and down rough then I would recommend taking the tourist train which takes you to all the... more travel advice
Did not eat here because it was booked out. As you can see this is really old - a 14th century building. When a... more travel advice
bianchis' Related Pages
Fribourg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Walking the Old City..."
- "an interesting town south-west of Bern"
- "Fribourg - a hidden treasure"
- "The Studious City"
- "Fribourg welcomes you!"
- "From Bern to Fribourg"
- ""Greggi di aquile" nel cielo di Friburgo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fribourg
- Hotels in Fribourg
- Transportation in Fribourg
- Nightlife in Fribourg
- Restaurants in Fribourg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fribourg
- 9 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Fribourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fribourg
Photos in FribourgSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 6 reviews, 233 photos, 18 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 22 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Carriacou Island Intro, 16 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grenada Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bern Intro, 3 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kanton Aargau Intro, 6 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 7 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 14 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue