"Gruyere" Lac de la Gruyère by bianchis
Lac de la Gruyère Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 44 photos
After leaving Fribourg we then continued on to Gruyere.
There is limited parking at the top so you might need to park below and walk up.
During the day there are numerous amounts of visitors this is why we decided to spend the night.
We were rewarded with peace and quiet after all the visitors departed in the evening.
Also in the morning after breakfast we had time to shoot our photos before the waves of visitors decended on the village.
Here you can see history over eight centuries .
Looks beautiful looking down from the castle.
Dont forget to try the famous Gruyere cheese if you are a cheese lover like me then you must take a slice home.
View of the Moleson from the village.
Moléson, a jutting chunk of mountain rising to 2000m with plenty of hiking possibilities and some gentle skiing in winter.
- Pros:A village preserved in Swiss tradition
- Cons:very touristy
- In a nutshell:get there early morning or late evening and you will enjoy the beauty and enchanment of this place
Our hosts who live nearby (our B&B hosts)Danielle & Charles ROUILLER recommended this restaurant and it was... more travel advice
This restaurant describes itself like this and it is really true: "Le Chalet" Restaurant in Gruyères: a delightful... more travel advice
bianchis' Related Pages
Lac de la Gruyère Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Lac de la Gruyère
- Hotels in Lac de la Gruyère
- Restaurants in Lac de la Gruyère
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lac de la Gruyère
- 8 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Lac de la Gruyère?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lac de la Gruyère
Photos in Lac de la GruyèreSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 6 reviews, 233 photos, 18 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 22 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Carriacou Island Intro, 16 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grenada Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bern Intro, 3 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kanton Aargau Intro, 6 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 7 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 14 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue