Zermatt Things to Do Tips by bianchis
Zermatt Things to Do: 169 reviews and 385 photos
We have reached the age where skiing is out but Zermatt is still great for winter walks. It is advisable to walk up to the places where you can get a skilift down. This will save your knees also use ski sticks to help.
I found Sunnegga, to be a great walk but we made the mistake of taking the Sunnegga Express up and walking down. I am sure there must have been thousands of steps to take before we reached the slopes where we could walk more comfortably.
From the restaurant Sunnegga, you have a splendid panorama to the Matterhorn/Cervin (4477m), the Zinalrothorn (4221m) and the Weisshorn (4505m).
Along the way there are some cosy restaurants where you can have a well deserved meal or a hot drink.
Directions: Located in the center of Zermatt , you must walk through a 150 meters horizontal tunnel to reach the cabin.
More Reviews (9)
- See All Try the spa when its stormy weather
- Try living in an Igloo
- See All Escape the winter blues in this mountain...
- Watch out for weather conditions
bianchis' Related Pages
Zermatt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "See you there this Summer or Winter..."
- "Zermatt and the Majestic Matterhorn"
- "Zermatt - Gateway to the mighty Matterhorn"
- "Zermatt...Guardian of the Matterhorn"
- "Zermatt and the Mighty Matterhorn"
- "Matterhorn Collection"
- "Zermatt and the Matterhorn"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zermatt
- Hotels in Zermatt
- Transportation in Zermatt
- Nightlife in Zermatt
- Restaurants in Zermatt
- Shopping in Zermatt
- Warnings and Dangers in Zermatt
- See All...
Explore the World
- United States of America
- Lough Key Forest Park Hotels
- Negombo Hotels
- New York State Hotels
- Carcar Hotels
Badges & Stats in Zermatt
- 10 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Zermatt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zermatt
Photos in ZermattSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 6 reviews, 233 photos, 18 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 22 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Carriacou Island Intro, 16 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grenada Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bern Intro, 3 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kanton Aargau Intro, 6 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 7 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 14 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (20)
Latest Zermatt hotel reviews
- Wellness- and Vitalhotel Pirmin Zurbriggen Zermatt
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 24, 2013
- Grand Zermatterhof Hotel Zermatt
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- The Omnia
- 140 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2013
- Hotel Berghof
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 24, 2012
- Gornergrat Dorf Hotel Zermatt
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2012
- Coeur des Alpes
- 247 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Hotel Mont Cervin Palace
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Hotel Weisshorn
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 3, 2013
- Hotel-Restaurant Alpenblick Zermatt
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Youthhostel Zermatt
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 27, 2012
- Hotel Perren
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- Schlosshotel Tenne
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Hotel Matterhornblick
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 10, 2013
- Le Petit Hotel
- 183 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Gornergrat- 17 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Glacier Express- 5 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Matterhorn- 15 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Klein Matterhorn- 7 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Walking- 5 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Matterhorn Glacier Paradise- 3 Reviews, 12 Photos
- St. Mauritius Church- 4 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Matterhorn Museum- 5 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Cemetery- 5 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Sunnegga Paradise- 2 Reviews, 8 Photos
See All Zermatt Things to Do