"bianchis's new Guyana page" Top 5 Page for this destination Guyana by bianchis

Guyana Travel Guide: 397 reviews and 640 photos

Formerly British Guiana, Guyana member of the Commonwealth of Nations. Is located on the northeast shores of South America. English is spoken.
Because of crime, It is recommended that you travel with an organized tour or with someone who lives there. Take a trip with the ferry down the Berbice river or the Demerara or the Essequibo river. The connections are pretty good and its a good way to get further into the country.
You will see Guyana's rain forest creatures: lizards, iguanas colourful birds, snakes and maybe even a bush tiger. Centrepiece of all this natural beauty is Kaieteur Falls, five times as high as Niagara and noted for its shimmering rainbows in the mist and sunshine of the jungle.

Mighty Rivers of Guyana
In the jungles of Guyana
My grandfather came from India
My visit to Guyana in 1970

Guyana, former British colony, situated in the north of South America.

TIME DIFFERENCE:
Minus 4 HOURS Central European Time

LANGUAGE:
English.

CLIMATE:
Temperatures between 24 and 30 degrees Centigrade the whole year round.
2 Rainy seasons in May and June likewise in December and January.

HEALTH PRECAUTIONS:
Malaria-Prophylaxe if you travel into the jungle.

WHERE TO STAY:
Hotels with better standards costs about US$200 per night.
Guest houses might cost US$20 per night.

INFORMATIONEN:
Tourism and Hospitality Association of Guyana
157 Waterloo Street, Georgetown, Guyana, South America
Tel. (592) 225-0807 or (592) 225-6699
Fax. (592) 225-0817
E-mail: thag@networksgy.com

• Intro Updated Oct 25, 2007

• Jun 17, 2010 at 6:29 AM

Hi Bianchi, I met many interesting people in Guyana during my stay in the early 70's.. Searched everywhere for old photos of the George Hotel in Georgetown, I guess it's long gone - Gee, I could tell some stories about this place! Best wishes, Rafe

• May 28, 2009 at 11:46 AM

hi sylvia, i love your documentary of guyana. it is an interesting country. I 'm from the bahamas and I have some friends who are guyanese they are lovely, and they are of india descendent.

• Maxus's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2006 at 4:26 AM

I love your Guyana page, you have planted a seed in my head.

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2005 at 10:03 PM

HELLO SYLVIA! Your Guyana page is full of useful info and beautiful photos! Made me want to travel there, which is something I've already planned though haven't decided yet when. Happy Birthday wishes from Finland on your special birthday!

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2005 at 8:37 AM

I think Guyana is worth a visit. Thanx for the info and nice pics. GRTZ

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2005 at 3:09 AM

It's always great to read about those off-the-beaten-track places! Thanks for sharing!

• LizSitka's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2004 at 9:42 PM

You clearly love this country, making your page a pleasure to read. Especially like having a book suggestion - it's on my winter reading list.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2004 at 7:29 AM

I have always thought that Guyana would be an interesting place to visit. Thanks for the photos and tips.

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2004 at 7:24 AM

that country must always be in your heart of hearts, Sylvia! Seems to be very special, esp. for a gypsy-born-bes! Love falls but not that bobbing boat!!

• marcoparco's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2004 at 2:27 PM

What would you say if I had the opportunity to ride the jungle rivers on a boat for 3 weeks? I would be doing volunteer medical work in rural areas..any tips or ideas?

bianchis Used To Live Here!

bianchis

“what`s around the corner”

Badges & Stats in Guyana