"bianchis's new Guyana page" Top 5 Page for this destination Guyana by bianchis
Guyana Travel Guide: 421 reviews and 714 photos
Formerly British Guiana, Guyana member of the Commonwealth of Nations. Is located on the northeast shores of South America. English is spoken.
Because of crime, It is recommended that you travel with an organized tour or with someone who lives there. Take a trip with the ferry down the Berbice river or the Demerara or the Essequibo river. The connections are pretty good and its a good way to get further into the country.
You will see Guyana's rain forest creatures: lizards, iguanas colourful birds, snakes and maybe even a bush tiger. Centrepiece of all this natural beauty is Kaieteur Falls, five times as high as Niagara and noted for its shimmering rainbows in the mist and sunshine of the jungle.
Mighty Rivers of Guyana
In the jungles of Guyana
My grandfather came from India
My visit to Guyana in 1970
Guyana, former British colony, situated in the north of South America.
Minus 4 HOURS Central European Time
Temperatures between 24 and 30 degrees Centigrade the whole year round.
2 Rainy seasons in May and June likewise in December and January.
Malaria-Prophylaxe if you travel into the jungle.
WHERE TO STAY:
Hotels with better standards costs about US$200 per night.
Guest houses might cost US$20 per night.
Tourism and Hospitality Association of Guyana
157 Waterloo Street, Georgetown, Guyana, South America
Tel. (592) 225-0807 or (592) 225-6699
Fax. (592) 225-0817
Childhood memories come sweeping me back in the past of happy hours spent in the Botanical Gardens. About 50 hectares of... more travel advice
The Kwitaro River drains the area between the Rupununi River and the Rewa River, is one of the major watercourses of the... more travel advice
- See All Getting there
- Mosquitoes prevelant in the rainy season
- See All Reporters held at gunpoint in Guyana
bianchis' Related Pages
Guyana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Guyana - the Land of Many Waters"
- "The English portion of the Guianas"
- "bianchis's new Guyana page"
- "Guyana: a treasure trove for wildlife enthusiasts"
- "Wonders to Ponder about during Cricket W.Cup 07'"
- "Guyana Massala"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guyana
- Hotels in Guyana
- Transportation in Guyana
- Nightlife in Guyana
- Restaurants in Guyana
- Shopping in Guyana
- Warnings and Dangers in Guyana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guyana
- 21 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Guyana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guyana
- updated a Guyana Travelogue "My visit to Guyana in the 70's"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Updating travels to countries..."
- Wrote a Review Birding one of the best destinations of the world in Guyana Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "My visit to Guyana in the 70's continued"
- Commented on one of grets's Guyana travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 6 reviews, 233 photos, 18 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 22 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Carriacou Island Intro, 16 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grenada Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bern Intro, 3 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kanton Aargau Intro, 6 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 7 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 14 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue