"Wine tasting" Canton de Vaud by bianchis
Canton de Vaud Travel Guide: 628 reviews and 1,812 photos
What comes into my mind when I visit this canton -
Vineyards-wine tasting -Route des Vignerons
Cure D'ATTALENS- a lovely white wine.
Actually it was raining and as Epesse is a village with narrow streets we left our car at the top where the vineyards overlook the lake of Geneva, and discovered by chance this wine cellar.
1. First observe the colour then the aroma followed by the taste, so you use your 3 senses eyes, nose and tongue.
2. Raise your glass to eye level to observe the colour of the wine, through which you can estimate the age of the wine and what sort of grapes are used.
3. Next you use your nose to distinguish the bouquet of the wine with all its accents.
4. First you smell the wine without agitating it. The first fleeting aroma tells you if the wine is foul or ready for the second whiff.
5. Now you gently swing the contents in the glass to and fro and then allow the aroma of the wine to creep up to your nostrils.
6. Now this is where expert wine drinkers come in and can tell from the aroma whether the wine is fruity, full flavoured, earthy or whatever.
7. The third phase is savouring the wine in your mouth letting it roll around
with your tongue savouring the smoothness and at the same time relishing the flavour of the grape.
8. Finally after the edges of the tongue come in contact and discovers the saltiness or sourness of the wine and the smell combines now through the canal which binds the nose and mouth together to give you the full sensation of the flavour of the wine.
(this is where the true wine taster will now spit out the wine)
9. Once in the mouth there are 3 phases to observe: the first impression, testing its richness and determining its acidity, alchohol, and tannin content.
Finally you discover the exquisitiveness of the wine and the tale it tells you.
- Pros:Visiting a wine cellar is a must
- Cons:Leave your car behind
- In a nutshell:vineyards on the side of the mountain falling steeply into Lake Geneva
A true heroine and a person to be admired Audrey Hepburn will live on in our memories as a person who brought some light... more travel advice
We didnt plan to do any wine tasting but as we were in the middle of the vineyards, decided to walk through the narrow... more travel advice
bianchis' Related Pages
Canton de Vaud Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Canton de Vaud
- Hotels in Canton de Vaud
- Transportation in Canton de Vaud
- Nightlife in Canton de Vaud
- Restaurants in Canton de Vaud
- Shopping in Canton de Vaud
- Warnings and Dangers in Canton de Vaud
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canton de Vaud
- 7 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Canton de Vaud?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canton de Vaud
Photos in Canton de VaudSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 6 reviews, 233 photos, 18 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 22 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Carriacou Island Intro, 16 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grenada Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bern Intro, 3 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kanton Aargau Intro, 6 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 7 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 14 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue