Switzerland Favorite Tips by bianchis
Switzerland Favorites: 378 reviews and 351 photos
Favorite thing: This has nothing to do with favourite thing but useful to have
117 Police in case of emergencies
118 Fire Brigade
144 Ambulance (not in all areas)
111 Numbers of subscribers within Switzerland, doctors, theatres, etc.
1141 To place calls abroad when direct dialling is not possible
140 Motoring assistance
162 Weather report
163 Conditions of traffic, roads and passes
187 Avalanche Bulletin
Fondest memory: This is not my fondest memory but its good to know in case you bring cameras and mobile phone or a notebook.
The current used is 230 Volts (AC), 50 cycles.
Most power sockets are designed for three pin round plugs. The standard continental type plug with two round pins, applied for many electrical travel products, may be used without problem2. Adaptors are available in most hotels.
Knights of the square table
Favorite thing: Castle Habsburg:
Did you know that he Habsburger family were originally from Elsass in France?
In the 11th century they owned areas like Elsass, Germany and Austria.
The name Habsburg still exists in Switzerland. It is a small village in canton Aargau – the place that gave Europe’s once most powerful dynasty its name.
Fondest memory: Spezialitäten Restaurant
Tel.: 056 441 16 73
Fax.: 056 441 16 78
Favorite thing: Sorry closed until further notice. What a pity I did enjoy the beautiful view and surroundings .
It is a fairytale castle overlooking Lucerne.
Favorite thing: Pilatus Luzern's famous mountain
Fondest memory: On a clear day you can see forever
Luzern in all its glory
Favorite thing: Most people who have been to Switzerland rave about Luzern. The reason is easy to see.
Fondest memory: I live in Switzerland and I am still amazed at what it has to offer all packed into a small country
Favorite thing: Any mountain top e.g. Matterhorn, Jungfrau from Interlaken, Schilthorn fantastic views of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, Titlis etc. View from Hotel Kulm Arosa.
Fondest memory: Believe it or not everything works like a Swiss clock. The trains and buses are on time (usually).
Look at my travellogue 'Tips on travel in Switzerland'
More Reviews (15)
- Tempting Swiss Chocolates
- See All Zermatt - everyone goes...
- Trains,Car , Boat
- See All Rheinfelden - a charming...
bianchis' Related Pages
Switzerland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Switzerland was my home for more than 5 years"
- "Switzerland like a dream..."
- "Welcome to the Heart of The Alps"
- "The Heart of Europe"
- "VT Meeting Party for Janet"
- "First-Bachalpsee- First_Tour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Switzerland
- Hotels in Switzerland
- Transportation in Switzerland
- Nightlife in Switzerland
- Restaurants in Switzerland
- Shopping in Switzerland
- Warnings and Dangers in Switzerland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Switzerland
- 100 Reviews
- 590 Photos
- 45 Forum posts
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Switzerland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Switzerland
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Updating travels to countries..."
- updated a Switzerland Travel Page "bianchis's new Switzerland page"
- Wrote a Review Import Telephone Numbers in Switzerland Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tips on travel in Switzerland"
- Commented on one of modeb's Switzerland travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 6 reviews, 233 photos, 18 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 22 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Carriacou Island Intro, 16 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grenada Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bern Intro, 3 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kanton Aargau Intro, 6 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 7 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 14 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue