"Lana fruit basket of Europe" Lana by bianchis
Lana Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 31 photos
We could not help noticing the great river Adige through the Vinschgau (Venosta Valley) to Merano all along our journey by train, this river we found out it is the second longest in Italy. It was hard to imagine this area as being Italy because of its autonomy. German is widely spoken and the children learn both languages. However, we were surpirsed to hear a third language which we couldnt recognize but found out it was Ladin.
We stayed in Vollan which is up in the mountains from Lana between Bozen and Meran.
Meran is very famous and touristic this is why we choose the quieter place.
This is the ideal region for hiking, there are numerous routes from easy to strenuous to choose from. The tops of the higher mountains were still covered with snow and although it rained most of the time the temperature was just right for walking. Remember it is up and down all the way and good mountain boots are a must and ski sticks are helpful if you want to save your knees when descending.
Castles everywhere you go. Perched at the top overlooking the valleymost of them are remarkably well preserved. Some can be visited; some have been converted into restaurants or hotels.
Last but not least our hotel Vollanerhof a spa hotel with all the facilities and surrounded by mountains was really out of this world - a dream come true. Vollan is ideal place to stay if you are looking for something quiet and exclusive.
- Pros:Vollan is a place away from the crowds
- Cons:Getting there means changing trains or driving
- In a nutshell:This is a place I will definitely revisit there are lots to see and explore
Hiking is one of the best outdoor activity. From Völlan where we stayed there are numerous paths to choose from. We... more travel advice
bianchis' Related Pages
Lana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lana fruit basket of Europe"
- "Lana, nice city between Austria and Italy"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lana
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Lana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lana
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 6 reviews, 233 photos, 18 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 22 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Carriacou Island Intro, 16 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grenada Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bern Intro, 3 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kanton Aargau Intro, 6 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 7 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 14 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue