"Grand Cayman revisited after 26 years" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman by bianchis
Grand Cayman Travel Guide: 448 reviews and 906 photos
Driving up to Cayman Kai was a very dramatic experience as there were so many changes. So many new condos and new houses of course the new road which cuts right across the island.
Rum Point still remains my favourite place on the island although crowded, you can still find a quite spot or lie in a hammock.
For kids the ideal place as the water is really very shallow. Also the most beautiful sunsets can be experienced here.
Nothing ever changes things remain the same, of course not, the Cayman Island of the 70’s was really offshore banking with mostly visitors from the USA who built their holiday homes for themselves and family or the divers of the world looking for new adventures which they found in the amazing variety of sites from wall diving to caves and tunnels at the now famous Eden Rock and Devil’s Grotto or wreck diving at the various wreck sites around the three islands.
Feel like Jonny Depp and sail on this replica of a 17th century galleon. Really and truly a colourful sight. Would have loved to go on this ship but the way this galleon was rocking to and fro in the waves, I am sure I would have gotten seasick especially if you had enough rum punches.
- Pros:If you love sunshine and the ocean this is the ideal place to be one of the best waters in the Caribbean
- Cons:Very expensive and not much to see unless you love the ocean and the numerous activities you can get involved in. Avoid going out when the cruise ships arrive as the island is overrun and I mean no standing room in Georgetown with 10 cruise ships
- In a nutshell:Offshore banking makes this island one of the richest in the Caribbean. As such the cost of living is very high for the residents as well as visitors. Be prepared to spend a lot.
Important - You must obtain a Visitors Permit before driving. Remember to bring along your drivers or international... more travel advice
Do you know that the Cayman Islands is still a colony of the United Kingdom but does not come under Dependent Territory... more travel advice
bianchis' Related Pages
Grand Cayman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "They're back in style, and the reefs are fine!"
- "Grand Cayman - Breathtaking!"
- "A Tour of Grand Cayman"
- "Grand Cayman revisited after 26 years"
- "Grand Cayman"
- "Cruising to Grand Cayman(under construction)"
- "Grand Cayman by cruiseship"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Cayman
- Hotels in Grand Cayman
- Transportation in Grand Cayman
- Nightlife in Grand Cayman
- Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- Shopping in Grand Cayman
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Cayman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Cayman
- 14 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Grand Cayman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Cayman
Photos in Grand CaymanSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 6 reviews, 233 photos, 18 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 22 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Carriacou Island Intro, 16 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grenada Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bern Intro, 3 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kanton Aargau Intro, 6 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 7 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 14 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue