"Well known to yatchers who sail these islands" Petite Martinique by bianchis

Petite Martinique Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 11 photos

Petite Martinique

We decided to have a day trip to Petite Martinique from Carriacou with the Osprey which is a comfortable ferry which travels everyday between Grenada and Carriacou.
However, we were told we had to get onto a smaller boat which was quite an adventure, being that from the wharf you had to literally jump into a boat which was bobbing up and down in the water.
I with my knee replacement thought I would never make it but with a little help I conquered my fear. Not so two other women who wanted to get on but would not risk it. I think they were wise.
The going was rough because it was a windy day and the waves were high.
Coming back was much easier as we travelled with the wind and waves and were able to enjoy the view of the neighboring islands like Petite St. Vincent which is a private island and very costly to stay there.

An island with about 1000 inhabitants

Petit Martinique is definitely a destination for the person looking for a Caribbean serene and private environment. This small volcanic island of Petite Martinique lies 5 km/3 miles northeast of Carriacou.

• Pros:Far from the maddening world
  • Cons:Not for people seeking entertainment
  • In a nutshell:The Trade winds provides a cool and consistently lovely weather and the best diving around
  • Last visit to Petite Martinique: Mar 2012
  • Intro Written Mar 7, 2012

Comments

bianchis

“what`s around the corner”

Badges & Stats in Petite Martinique

Have you been to Petite Martinique?