"Well known to yatchers who sail these islands" Petite Martinique by bianchis
Petite Martinique Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 11 photos
We decided to have a day trip to Petite Martinique from Carriacou with the Osprey which is a comfortable ferry which travels everyday between Grenada and Carriacou.
However, we were told we had to get onto a smaller boat which was quite an adventure, being that from the wharf you had to literally jump into a boat which was bobbing up and down in the water.
I with my knee replacement thought I would never make it but with a little help I conquered my fear. Not so two other women who wanted to get on but would not risk it. I think they were wise.
The going was rough because it was a windy day and the waves were high.
Coming back was much easier as we travelled with the wind and waves and were able to enjoy the view of the neighboring islands like Petite St. Vincent which is a private island and very costly to stay there.
Petit Martinique is definitely a destination for the person looking for a Caribbean serene and private environment. This small volcanic island of Petite Martinique lies 5 km/3 miles northeast of Carriacou.
- Pros:Far from the maddening world
- Cons:Not for people seeking entertainment
- In a nutshell:The Trade winds provides a cool and consistently lovely weather and the best diving around
Petite Martinique is mainly a sea faring community. In fact, I met an 86 year old resident who was a captain on a cargo... more travel advice
bianchis' Related Pages
Petite Martinique Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Well known to yatchers who sail these islands"
- Create a Petite Martinique Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Petite Martinique
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Petite Martinique?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Petite Martinique
Photos in Petite MartiniqueSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 6 reviews, 233 photos, 18 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 22 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Carriacou Island Intro, 16 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grenada Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bern Intro, 3 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kanton Aargau Intro, 6 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 7 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 14 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue