"Brisbane - our short stopover" Australia by tissie
Australia Travel Guide: 44,913 reviews and 113,570 photos
I loved our five day stop in Brisbane and hope to return to Australia in the future to explore more widely.
Brisbane is the ideal city, centred on a beautiful river, with a relaxed atmosphere, not too big but with everything you need and a great transport system to make exploring easy.
We stayed with friends and had a very lazy time. A couple of trips into the city, visits to the beautiful Botanic Gardens at Mount Coot Ha, and drives out to enjoy the nearby countryside - gum forests, great cafes in small towns and sunshine.
This is one of those quirky "must sees" that I didn't get to see - being female...but I've seen the photos! (Although taking photos in a public toilet is a bit risky eh?)
The lovely Regatta pub on the riverside in Brisbane has a great atmosphere, a rowing theme (of course), super food, coffee and drinks but the main reason to visit is to spend a penny!! The gentlemen's toilets are positioned alongside therestaurant and feature a wall of one-way (they promise) mirror glass. A room with a view and no doubt!!
I wasn't in Brisbane long enough to make many recommendations of places to go and things to see but I enjoyed the feel of the city and the surrounding areas and will certainly make a return visit and see more.
This picture from Mount Coot-Ha gives an idea of the lushness and size of the city.
- Pros:Great lifestyle, weather and people.
- Cons:It's a big place!
- In a nutshell:I need to explore Australia further.
tissie's Related Pages
Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Down Under"
- "Australia - you're standing in it"
- "♫ I COME FROM A LAND DOWN-UNDER ♫"
- "AUSTRALIA PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE ANCIENTS...."
- "Down Under Roundtrip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia
- Hotels in Australia
- Transportation in Australia
- Nightlife in Australia
- Restaurants in Australia
- Shopping in Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Australia
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 25 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norfolk (County) Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Malta Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barmston Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- North Yorkshire Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Spilsby Intro, 11 reviews, 6 photos
- Singapore Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Biarritz Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
Top Australia hotels
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Perth Hotels
- 2280 Reviews - 4795 Photos
- Gold Coast Hotels
- 846 Reviews - 1810 Photos
- Sydney Hotels
- 5744 Reviews - 13367 Photos
- Adelaide Hotels
- 973 Reviews - 2115 Photos
- Port Douglas Hotels
- 227 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Canberra Hotels
- 852 Reviews - 2115 Photos
- Cairns Hotels
- 863 Reviews - 2195 Photos
- Brisbane Hotels
- 1600 Reviews - 3449 Photos
- Darwin Hotels
- 685 Reviews - 2049 Photos
- Surfers Paradise Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 346 Photos
- Mackay Hotels
- 74 Reviews - 124 Photos
- Geelong Hotels
- 318 Reviews - 667 Photos
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Hotels
- 460 Reviews - 1271 Photos
- Hamilton Island Hotels
- 129 Reviews - 401 Photos