Buenos Aires Hotel Tips by sabrina_florida Top 5 Page for this destination
Buenos Aires Hotels: 153,593 reviews and 365 photos
The entrance to the hotel
I've never stayed here, but I'm thinking of having my wedding night here. IF I get someone who wants to give me a US$350 present, IF I get married, ha!
I went to have a drink with some VTers to the bar. I cannot find words to describe it, so just look at the pictures on its webpage and you'll understand why this is not money down the drain.
The only word I can think of is: unique.
It was designed by a world-famous French architect, but I don't know his name!
Price Comparison: most expensive
Price: US$180 and up
First I have to admit that I've never stayed here. Why should I? This is the city where I live! But I got to meet people who have stayed here and once I got to be inside it and what's more, I went up to one of the private double rooms (no, I was not with a guy!).
The building from outside is rather offputting I have to say, due to its grey walls. Then inside, in the lounge, you get the typical hostel atmosphere. BUT, when you start going up the stairs, that's when you get to see its beautiful, last century architecture. The double room where my friends were staying had a wooden floor, a very nice private bathroom and an antique closet. They paid 65 pesos a night for it (around 20 dollars), with breakfast included! The shared room I think is around 18 pesos per person.
There's a notice board in the lounge where you get messages from people who called you when you were in, or daily updated news about events and things to do in Buenos Aires.
It's located 5 blocks away from the Obelisco (obelisk), so it's in downtown.
Also, they have free Internet access and pool tables.
Check their webpage!
Address: Hipolito Yrigoyen 959, Capital Federal.
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (94)
- See All Learn to Tango!
- See All Now THIS is real barbecue here!
- See All Fresh Air!
- See All Walking
- See All Cats
- See All One of the most important sports
sabrina_florida's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 96 Reviews
- 130 Photos
- 147 Forum posts
- 67 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
Photos in Buenos AiresSee All Photos (130)
Read real reviews about Buenos Aires Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buenos Aires Intro, 96 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Sydney Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Bombinhas Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Ko Phi Phi Don Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Carlos de Bariloche Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Salta Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provincia de Jujuy Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 3 photos
- La Boca District- 104 Reviews, 208 Photos
- Recoleta Cemetery - Cementerio de la Recoleta- 96 Reviews, 232 Photos
- Plaza De Mayo- 73 Reviews, 123 Photos
- San Telmo- 83 Reviews, 120 Photos
- 9 de Julio Avenue- 48 Reviews, 88 Photos
- Recoleta Distict- 79 Reviews, 98 Photos
- Puerto Madero District- 54 Reviews, 99 Photos
- Metropolitan Cathedral - Catedral Metropolitana- 32 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Obelisco - Obelisk- 52 Reviews, 69 Photos
- Tango- 58 Reviews, 70 Photos
See All Buenos Aires Things to Do