Buenos Aires Hotel Tips by sabrina_florida Top 5 Page for this destination
Buenos Aires Hotels: 30,554 reviews and 369 photos
The entrance to the hotel
I've never stayed here, but I'm thinking of having my wedding night here. IF I get someone who wants to give me a US$350 present, IF I get married, ha!
I went to have a drink with some VTers to the bar. I cannot find words to describe it, so just look at the pictures on its webpage and you'll understand why this is not money down the drain.
The only word I can think of is: unique.
It was designed by a world-famous French architect, but I don't know his name!
Comparison: most expensive
Price: US$180 and up
First I have to admit that I've never stayed here. Why should I? This is the city where I live! But I got to meet people who have stayed here and once I got to be inside it and what's more, I went up to one of the private double rooms (no, I was not with a guy!).
The building from outside is rather offputting I have to say, due to its grey walls. Then inside, in the lounge, you get the typical hostel atmosphere. BUT, when you start going up the stairs, that's when you get to see its beautiful, last century architecture. The double room where my friends were staying had a wooden floor, a very nice private bathroom and an antique closet. They paid 65 pesos a night for it (around 20 dollars), with breakfast included! The shared room I think is around 18 pesos per person.
There's a notice board in the lounge where you get messages from people who called you when you were in, or daily updated news about events and things to do in Buenos Aires.
It's located 5 blocks away from the Obelisco (obelisk), so it's in downtown.
Also, they have free Internet access and pool tables.
Check their webpage!
Address: Hipolito Yrigoyen 959, Capital Federal.
Comparison: less expensive than average
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (94)
- See All Learn to Tango!
- See All Now THIS is real barbecue here!
- See All Fresh Air!
- See All Walking
- See All Cats
- See All One of the most important sports
sabrina_florida's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Explore the World
- Grand Istana Rama Hotel
- The Edgewater
- Lough Erne Golf Resort
- Amerisuites Baltimore Airport
- Lands End, Condominium
- Walper Terrace Hotel (1 King Street West.)
- Carousel Inn & Suites
- Sea Horse Oceanfront Inn
- BSA Mansion Condotel
- Lake Hotel
- Borgo il Melone
- Residence Marrakech Palm Club
- Ridge Pointe Tahoe
- Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 96 Reviews
- 130 Photos
- 147 Forum posts
- 71 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
- Uploaded a Photo to "United Buddy Bears in Buenos Aires"
- Posted in Travel Capri Forum "Budget Accommodation/Hostels"
- Commented on one of cjg1's Buenos Aires travel pages
- updated a Buenos Aires Travel Page "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- Wrote a Review Learn to Tango! about Tango in Buenos Aires Things to Do
Photos in Buenos AiresSee All Photos (130)
Read real reviews about Buenos Aires Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buenos Aires Intro, 96 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Sydney Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Bombinhas Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Ko Phi Phi Don Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salta Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Carlos de Bariloche Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Provincia de Jujuy Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 3 photos
Latest Buenos Aires hotel reviews
- Park Elegance Kempinski Hotel
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 9, 2013
- Hotel Sheltown
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Marriott Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires
- 552 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Hotel Globales Republica Wellness & Spa
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Four Seasons Buenos Aires
- 400 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Kempinski Park Central Hotel Buenos Aires
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Kempinski Chateau Park Plaza Hotel
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- The Cocker
- 118 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Golden Tulip Savoy
- 133 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Etoile Hotel
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Loi Suites Esmeralda Hotel
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 6, 2013
- Panamericano Buenos Aires Hotel
- 119 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- El Conquistador Hotel
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hotel Ibis Buenos Aires Obelisco
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Castelar Hotel And Spa
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- La Boca- 122 Reviews, 221 Photos
- San Telmo- 136 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Recoleta- 157 Reviews, 230 Photos
- Plaza de Mayo- 136 Reviews, 202 Photos
- Recoleta - Cementerio de la Recoleta- 44 Reviews, 132 Photos
- 9 de Julio Avenue- 47 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Puerto Madero and Catalina's- 67 Reviews, 117 Photos
- El Obelisco- 53 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Florida Street- 44 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Tango- 49 Reviews, 64 Photos
See All Buenos Aires Things to Do