"Buenos Aires the local way!" Top 5 Page for this destination Buenos Aires by sabrina_florida

Buenos Aires Travel Guide: 4,806 reviews and 8,940 photos

Buenos Aires... mi lugar en el mundo

It's so difficult to describe the place where you live. Of course I can mention a list of places to visit, restaurants and must-sees, but still, you wouldn't get it. Every corner, every smell, every porteño and every single wall is what makes Buenos Aires.
Welcome to my hometown! I hope you enjoy it and don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions.

Why choose Buenos Aires?

For some reason tourists just fall in love with this city. They usually say it's due to its European feel: the architecture, the restaurants, the people, the cafés, the wine, the parks...
Buenos Aires is a huge city, with plenty of neighbourhoods to visit. You need a minimum of 4 days to see the main spots, but you can easily stay here for 2 weeks and not get bored. There is so much to see and do! So take a look at my tips and see it for yourself!

Some webpages with useful info:

* www.buenosaires.com.ar (general info)
* www.alojargentina.com.ar (accomodation)
* www.buenosairesapartments.com (temporary rent)
* www.buenosairestango.com (tango)
* www.buenosaires.gov.ar/areas/obr_publicas/camaras (live cameras)
* www.uba.ar (University of Buenos Aires)
* www.clarin.com (one of the most important newspapers)
* www.buenosairesherald.com (newspaper in English, local and international news)
* www.adondevamos.com (restaurants, movies, plays)
* www.wipe.com.ar (nightlife)
* www.guiaoleo.com.ar (restaurants reviews written by locals)

My favourite park

It's located in front of Retiro train station, some meters away from the beginning of Florida street.
Many people go there during lunchtime to take a nap, eat a snack or just watch the people who pass by.

• Pros:It's definitely my place in the world
  • Cons:The nearest beach is 350 kms away :(
  • In a nutshell:A mixture of Madrid and Paris, but with a twist!
  • Intro Updated Nov 9, 2008

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2010 at 1:50 PM

I can't wait to visit in Oct . Thanks for your pages.

• Andraf's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2010 at 2:41 AM

I love love love your city. Have been there in 2006 and 2008 and I'm coming again in April and really looking forward to it. Great page with good tips, I saved lots of them for my trip planner.

• Dutch1980's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Hey.. ty for the good info abouth BA.. In two weeks my 4 week backpacktour trough North-Argentina will start in BA so I will follow some of your tips :D

• Kid-A's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2009 at 7:41 AM

Great page! Thanks for the info -- I'm looking forward to visiting Argentina next month :)

• bassiousmaximus's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Nice. I've been in BA for a week and Im staying here all summer. I'll keep your tips in mind for next weekend. -Thanks.

• kelseymckibbon's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Hi sabrina! My friend and I are travelling to South America in September for 3 months. We are flying into Buenos Aires and working our way up to Peru. Any suggestions of how we should do this? And will we feel safe being two girls travelling together?

• boulder17's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2009 at 11:49 PM

all of this is so helpful! ill be traveling to BA in july!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2008 at 9:29 AM

Wonderful tips! Thanks for sharing your home town. Birthday greetings from Alaska!

• rcsparty's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2008 at 4:48 AM

Nice page,BA is one of my wish list trips..hopefully soon. Happy birthday.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2008 at 9:58 AM

Hola, Sabrina! Thanx for your nice stories! ~ Take care ~

sabrina_florida Lives Here!

sabrina_florida

“When travelling solo, NEVER ask somebody else to take you a picture: they'll ruin it!!!”

Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires

Have you been to Buenos Aires?

Latest Activity in Buenos Aires