"My type of relax spot" Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara by sabrina_florida
Jericoacoara Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 469 photos
Jericoacoara is located 6 hours west from Fortaleza. To get there you need to travel 5 hours by coach and 1 hour on a 4x4 vehicle along the beach. So this means that the closest town to Jeri is an hour away. This makes Jeri a unique place: the exteeeeense beach, sandy streets, caphoeira (very typical Brazilian dance) at sunset, starry sky, laid-back vibe, great people... what else can you ask for?
By the way... Jericoacoara was only discovered 20 years ago... :)
The tide is out during the day, so from the village to the sea you need to walk around 400 mts. This makes the beach really unique and very deserted!
The sand is dark grey and the water is warm. You need to walk at least 200 mts while in the sea to be able to swim, but it's great to lay in the shallow waters while sunbathing and feeling the breeze.
When the sun starts to go down different images start to appear: many people go up the big sand dune to watch the sunset, young local people start playing and dancing caphoeira on the beach, drinks vendors put up their stalls on the street leading to the beach and the smell of grilled espetinhos (meat in sticks) fill the air... this was my favourite moment in Jeri.
- Pros:Very laid-back, great people + atmosphere!
- In a nutshell:I'll go back to Jeri with my mind very often...!
Every other day the party takes place here. People start arriving as from 1 am and as opposed to Sky, there's an... more travel advice
This guy sometimes performs fire acts at night on the main road... I said sometimes because it all depends on whether he... more travel advice
sabrina_florida's Related Pages
Jericoacoara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My type of relax spot"
- "AN ECOLOGICAL PARADISE!"
- "Only pics!"
- "The end of the world!!"
- "Jericoacoara - Ceara"
- "jericoacoara...paradise now!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jericoacoara
- Hotels in Jericoacoara
- Transportation in Jericoacoara
- Nightlife in Jericoacoara
- Restaurants in Jericoacoara
- Shopping in Jericoacoara
- Warnings and Dangers in Jericoacoara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jericoacoara
- 19 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Jericoacoara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jericoacoara
Photos in JericoacoaraSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buenos Aires Intro, 96 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Sydney Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Bombinhas Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Ko Phi Phi Don Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salta Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Carlos de Bariloche Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Provincia de Jujuy Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 3 photos