"The door to Thailand..." Bangkok by sabrina_florida
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,710 reviews and 24,271 photos
My sister and I spent a total of 4 days in our 3-week visit to Thailand. Bangkok, its capital, is definitely chaotic, noisy, stuffy and hot, but still, it's AMAZING!
My best memories there include: Khao San Road (backpacker's hangout), all the wats (temples), street food and tuk-tuks! At first we were a bit afraid, as they didn't seem very safe, and although they are not that safe... we looooved them! and took them every time we had to move around. The drivers were in general very nice and friendly, but God the way they drive! at full speed and dodging all the time.
Thais were most of the time reaaaally nice and helpful, that is when I could understand when they were saying (lol!), yeah, at the beginning we found it quite difficult to understand them, as they don't use any grammar whatsoever, and their accent made it even worse. But as the days went by, our ears got used to it and honestly had no problems at all, except in Ayuttaya where people who spoke English were non-existant!
Another fun memory was whenever Thai men heard that we were from Argentina, ALL OF THEM would say: "Argentina! Good football!" or "Argentina! Maradona!". What's more... we counted at least 10 Thais wearing the Argentine football shirt! And believe me, we didn't see ANY Thais wearing a football shirt from other countries... just ours! :)
The only thing I totally disliked was western men hanging out with eastern girls. Some were couples, that's great 'cos they love each other, but most of them were together just for the sex...
After a few days in BKK... we went down to the south: Phuket, to continue to my favourite spot, Phi Phi islands, and then to Ko Phangan, Chiang Mai in the north, Ayuttaya, Ko Samet (didn't like it at all) and back to BKK for one more night.
This trip will stay in our memories forever! Thank you Thailand!!!!!!!!!!
- Pros:Great temples, great people, great culture, great value
- Cons:So much to see... so little time
- In a nutshell:WOW!
Every single time you ask for a price, the seller will show you a calculator with the price on the screen and he'll... more travel advice
After a while, they all look very alike... but still, you won't get tired of them! So go into every single one you see!... more travel advice
sabrina_florida's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 18 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buenos Aires Intro, 96 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Sydney Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Bombinhas Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Ko Phi Phi Don Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Carlos de Bariloche Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Salta Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provincia de Jujuy Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 3 photos