"Modern spirit and traditional values" South Korea by Vita500
South Korea Travel Guide: 6,624 reviews and 18,347 photos
I originally came to Korea for eight month and ended up living here for almost six years.
Korea is a land of contrasts: Being one of the fastest growing and leading Asian nations with a huge economic growth over the past years, it also remains a traditionally well-preserved nation, highly influenced by Confucianism and hierarchical values.
Despite its economic situation the nation is still extremely closed towards foreigners and shows some unique cultural elements, that are hard to be found at any other place:
- Korean population of 99.5%
- Market share of locally produced vehicles (Hyundai, Kia, Daewoo, Ssanyong) : 95%
- Kimchi and hot chilli paste are part of most Koreans hand-luggage (even for their honeymoon)...
What else can you say? Welcome to one of the four tigers of Asia, welcome to Korea!
For further and more detailed information about destinations in South Korea, please refer to my Travel Page - Seoul, Travel Page - Jeju-Do and Travel Page - Busan
- Pros:Traditional values, helpful and kind people
- Cons:Language barrier, heavy drinking culture
- In a nutshell:Traditional modernity
The following list includes my top 5 destinations in South Korea: 1. Seoul (gigantic, traditional yet modern... a... more travel advice
Although people will try their best to help you out and many approach you out of the blue while sitting in the subway or... more travel advice
Vita500's Related Pages
South Korea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "South Korea: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World!"
- "KOREA: "Absolutely, Positively, Unintentionally !""
- "South Korea"
- "SOUTH KOREA"
- "Korea, Coree, Corea, Hanguk, Daehanminguk"
- "The Land of the Morning Calm"
- "A Year in South Korea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Korea
- Hotels in South Korea
- Transportation in South Korea
- Nightlife in South Korea
- Restaurants in South Korea
- Shopping in South Korea
- Warnings and Dangers in South Korea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South Korea
- 71 Reviews
- 110 Photos
- 393 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to South Korea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Korea
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 47 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Busan Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos
- Jeju-do Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Namibia Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Cuba Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kassel Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- South Korea Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos