Thasos Island Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Jenniflower
Thasos Island Warnings and Dangers: 10 reviews and 9 photos
Nude bathers swimming in Kavala
Golden Sun – the Tour Operator – went under 2 weeks after our holiday! There were thousands of people stranded on the islands of Portugal, Greece, Cyprus and Croatia and about 20,000 prospective holidaymakers were stuck with no pre-paid holiday.
We are so thankful that we had ours and that this didn’t happen whilst we were there!
So if you want to visit these places, organise it through Thompsons Travel. They dominate the tourist industry here and organise most of the charter flights and holidays.
Brilliant suntanning on Skala Potamia beach
Because VT is a family-friendly travel site, I have loaded the photo where the topless lady 'was' sitting, sans her in it ;)
Thassos has quite a conservative Greek community, where they frown upon men wearing no t-shirt even when walking down the street. They prefer people to cover up!
So suntanning topless was not looked upon kindly, and this lady did get some glares cast her way, but she seemed oblivious to everything and anyone around her...
Tourists of course dont know this often and walk around in tiny shorts and bikini tops, not aware that it is frowned upon. As I had done some research prior to going here we were aware of this and adhered to their customs.
Rural and quiet
We, along with 2 other ladies in our tour group, fell ill a few days into the holiday – so had to waste a couple of days in bed. There was no chemist at our local village, and Lance – sick with flu – had to walk about 10 kms in the wind and rain – a storm had come in – to get medicine.
When we got it we couldn’t even see if I as an asthmatic could take it as it was all in Greek! Of course the chemist was no help, not being able to speak a word of English… so I couldn’t risk take anything anyway, even after Lance’s long trek.
Warning - bring as much of your own medicine you might need, as the chemists are few and far btwn on Thassos island (although, to be honest, we chose this island to escape the huge crowds!), plus everything's in Greek! This could be quite dangerous!
More Reviews (12)
- Ferrying across to Thassos Island!
- See All Olives, honey and marble
- Pebbles and shells on the beach
- See All Buying a lilo
Jenniflower's Related Pages
Thasos Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THASSOS ISLAND"
- "Honey Pine Olives Sea"
- "VINTAGE THASSOS"
- "Thasos Island"
- "T H A S O S"
- "THE BLUE AND GREEN GEM OF THASSOS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thasos Island
- Hotels in Thasos Island
- Transportation in Thasos Island
- Nightlife in Thasos Island
- Restaurants in Thasos Island
- Shopping in Thasos Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Thasos Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Luksuhin Hotels
- Saint Catharines Hotels
- Kololi Hotels
- Kyrksjön Hotels
- The Tower
- Alice Springs Warnings and Dangers
- Nicosia Warnings and Dangers
- Vigan Warnings and Dangers
- Kusadasi Warnings and Dangers
- Libya Warnings and Dangers
- American Samoa Warnings and Dangers
- Danger places
- Unawatuna Warnings and Dangers
- Moab Warnings and Dangers
- Brentwood Warnings and Dangers
- Lloret de Mar Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Thasos Island
- 15 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Thasos Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thasos Island
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Globetrotting Zipper Jewelry"
- updated a Thasos Island Travel Page "Thasos Island ~ 'Mythical Land of the Sirens'"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Thasos Island ~ 'Mythical Land of the Sirens'"
- Wrote a Review Ferrying across to Thassos Island! in Thasos Island Transportation
- Commented on one of spoutnek's Thasos Island travel pages
Photos in Thasos IslandSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 226 reviews, 673 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 74 reviews, 337 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 95 reviews, 289 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 107 reviews, 221 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 100 reviews, 158 photos
- Sun City Intro, 79 reviews, 147 photos
- Richmond Intro, 36 reviews, 163 photos, 3 travelogues
- Matlock Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 47 reviews, 137 photos
- Putney Heath Intro, 43 reviews, 134 photos