"The village Corfe and its castle!" Top 5 Page for this destination Corfe Castle by Jenniflower
Corfe Castle Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 192 photos
As you enter Corfe, the castle ruins come into view, overlooking the town, on the hill. The hill it is on is very steep and one can imagine how, in war times, how very helpful this sheer hill side was in guarding the castle! The soldiers in the castle had a huge advantage over their enemies!
We would love to come back here and explore more, stay for a weekend... the village houses and shops are all built from the local stone and has a lovely atmosphere!
And when you find out how much history this little village and castle ruin have, it shows just how important a role this village and castle played through the centuries in England.
- Pros:Easily accessible to get everywhere
- Cons:None come to mind... except that it's too far from London to visit often!
- In a nutshell:Typical English village :)
Luggage with wheels is always a good idea, wherever you are travelling. Whether snowy/wet/sunny/warm or cold weather,... more travel advice
What amazed me as I did more research on Corfe village was how old it is and how it has cemented itself in the history... more travel advice
Jenniflower's Related Pages
Corfe Castle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A very English village"
- "A ruin to remember"
- "Where the Norman kings built"
- "Corfe Castle"
- "The village Corfe and its castle!"
- "Corfe Castle village."
- "Rainy ruin ramble"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Corfe Castle
- Hotels in Corfe Castle
- Transportation in Corfe Castle
- Nightlife in Corfe Castle
- Restaurants in Corfe Castle
- Shopping in Corfe Castle
- Warnings and Dangers in Corfe Castle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Corfe Castle
- 8 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Corfe Castle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corfe Castle
Photos in Corfe CastleSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 226 reviews, 673 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 74 reviews, 337 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 95 reviews, 289 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 107 reviews, 221 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 100 reviews, 158 photos
- Sun City Intro, 79 reviews, 147 photos
- Richmond Intro, 36 reviews, 163 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matlock Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 47 reviews, 137 photos
- Putney Heath Intro, 43 reviews, 134 photos