"~ Mix of olde and new ~" Kingston upon Thames by Jenniflower
Kingston upon Thames Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 253 photos
Having lived in South West London for nearly 5 years now, I have often come to Kingston... for a spout of shopping, a good meal and a natter.
Traditionally a Market Town, much investment has flowed into this area in the past few years, malls have been built - including the award-winning Bentall Shopping Centre, and retail has flourished. People come from all over to do their shopping, and never go home empty-handed!!
What I enjoy here is that there is a lovely mix of the old and the new. There is the lovely modern Bentals Mall, and then older style shops on the high street and in the market place. There are also a decent amount of coffee shops and restaurants to rest your weary legs after a few hours of successful shopping!
It has this title for good reason!
The premier retail centre in the South East of England
The shopping aside, it is also a rather pretty town, with the River Thames flowing through t, offering boat rides, a bevy of beautiful swans, and architecture.
Easy to get to from Central London, it is a great place to visit.
Please note: as Kingston upon Thames is in Greater London, some of its tips and information may relate to my London page too. If you have rated my London page already with a similar tip, please do not rate this one. Thanks!
- Pros:Lots of shopping and socialising
- Cons:Far too many people on the weekend... go when it's quieter!
- In a nutshell:Lovely, manic!
Luggage with wheels is always a good idea, wherever you are travelling. Whether snowy/wet/sunny/warm or cold weather,... more travel advice
The name itself rings of something sumptuous... a 'must see' :) The Isabella Plantation is quite close to where we... more travel advice
Jenniflower's Related Pages
Kingston upon Thames Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kingston upon thames"
- "Kingston upon Thames"
- "POD'S KINGSTON UPON THAMES PAGE."
- "Kingston Upon Thames"
- "Kingston upon Thames"
- "kingston upon thames"
- "~ Mix of olde and new ~"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kingston upon Thames
- Hotels in Kingston upon Thames
- Transportation in Kingston upon Thames
- Nightlife in Kingston upon Thames
- Restaurants in Kingston upon Thames
- Shopping in Kingston upon Thames
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kingston upon Thames
- 37 Reviews
- 127 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Kingston upon Thames?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kingston upon Thames
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Globetrotting Zipper Jewelry"
- Wrote a Review What to bring with? in Kingston upon Thames What to Pack
- Commented on one of sue_stone's Kingston upon Thames travel pages
- updated a Kingston upon Thames Travel Page "~ Mix of olde and new ~"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A classy store!"
Photos in Kingston upon ThamesSee All Photos (127)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 226 reviews, 673 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 74 reviews, 337 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 95 reviews, 289 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 107 reviews, 221 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 100 reviews, 158 photos
- Sun City Intro, 79 reviews, 147 photos
- Richmond Intro, 36 reviews, 163 photos, 3 travelogues
- Matlock Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 47 reviews, 137 photos
- Putney Heath Intro, 43 reviews, 134 photos
Latest Kingston upon Thames hotel reviews
- Travelodge Kingston Upon Thames
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Travelodge Chessington Tolworth
- 133 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Antoinette Hotel
- 298 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Kingston Lodge Hotel
- 179 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Chase Lodge Hotel
- 219 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Broadway Lodge Bed & Breakfast
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2012