Matlock Hotel Tips by Jenniflower Top 5 Page for this destination
Matlock Hotels: 1,969 reviews and 5 photos
This B&B is just outside of Matlock Bath, in Matlock. It is a larger town than Matlock Bath and does not have the antiquity and charm of Matlock Bath, but still has much character. We found this really good fare and decided to stay here (4 star), rather than pay the higher costs of central Matlock Bath... especially as we weren't going to be spending much time at the B&B anyway!
This B&B is nice and comfortable.. but does not have that extra *something* that other places we have stayed at, have. Yes, it is very comfortable and clean, the food is good, the bed firm.. but we found it to be lacking personality, to be cold and impersonal elsewhere in the B&B (especially the communal breakfast/dining area where we had breakfast).
The decor was strange too.. being an artist I always notice this. The room decor was lovely, the linen, curtains etc, all matched, until you looked at the floor.. lilac themed everything and then this dark green old fashioned pattern on the floor..!!!?? Then it worsens as you enter the bathroom.. as there they have a yellow carpet!
Many old fashioned English homes do have carpet in their bathroom, and thankfully this is not the norm anymore, but this place had it still. The odd thing was that the carpets looked really new too... as if they had been bought recently.. and then why would she not have matched everything up? Strange. And for me... it loses that final touch that leaves a good impression on me.
It is cheap though, and as long as you aren't looking for that out-of-this-world experience, this is more than adequate!
It snowed our last night, and this was so magical. A perfect ending to a thoroughly enjoyable little holiday!
Address: 57 Dimple Road, Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 3JX
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: 01629 56294
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
More Reviews (28)
- See All Some great restaurants here!
- See All War memorials
- See All Matlock High Street
- See All Canoeing
Jenniflower's Related Pages
Matlock Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Matlock Bath ~ Pride & Prejudice country!"
- "High Tor"
- "MATLOCK BATH & MATLOCK"
- "Matlock, Derbyshire, U.K."
- "A quick stop!"
- "Views from Heights of Abraham cable car"
- "Matlock Bath (not Matlock!)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Matlock
- Hotels in Matlock
- Transportation in Matlock
- Restaurants in Matlock
- Shopping in Matlock
- Warnings and Dangers in Matlock
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Matlock
- 29 Reviews
- 156 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Matlock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Matlock
Photos in MatlockSee All Photos (156)
Read real reviews about Matlock Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 226 reviews, 673 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 74 reviews, 337 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 95 reviews, 289 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 107 reviews, 221 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 100 reviews, 158 photos
- Sun City Intro, 79 reviews, 147 photos
- Richmond Intro, 36 reviews, 163 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matlock Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 47 reviews, 137 photos
- Putney Heath Intro, 43 reviews, 134 photos