Wimbledon Things to Do Tips by Jenniflower
Wimbledon Things to Do: 11 reviews and 15 photos
The Wimbledon Tennis Championships is played at the All England Lawn Tennis Club, one of the most prestigious tennis clubs in the whole world.
People come from all over the world to see a game.
I have been fortunate enough to see the men's semi finals and the women's finals in 2004, and the mens and ladies semi finals in 2005. I have also seen a couple quarter final matches. In 2006 I saw Agassi play his last game ever at Wimbledon prior to his retirement, against Nadal. That was an emotional game! We saw 3 other matches too in 2006.
I have seen players and have to say Federer is my favourite - not only because heis half-South African (his mum), but because he is a fabulous player and is an absolute gentleman in manner and play too. Go Federer!
The atmosphere is electric, the applause thunderous and the entertainment thrilling.
Directions: All spectators are strongly advised to use public transport services wherever possible.
Buses are run on a shuttle basis every ten minutes from Wimbledon and SouthFields Stations.
Phone: +44 20 7381 7000
More Reviews (31)
- See All Looking for that something different?
- See All A lovely pub by the Wandle!
- See All Games evenings!
- See All Relaxing in the park!
Jenniflower's Related Pages
Wimbledon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wimbledon - Home of The Championships"
- "Home to the famous Lawn Tennis Grand Slam"
- "Wimbledon Tennis - page under construction"
- "Wimbledon Tennis"
- "Our Home Town"
- "Wimbledon Championships 2004-2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wimbledon
- Hotels in Wimbledon
- Transportation in Wimbledon
- Nightlife in Wimbledon
- Restaurants in Wimbledon
- Shopping in Wimbledon
- Warnings and Dangers in Wimbledon
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mount Revelstoke National Park Hotels
- Ramingdorf Hotels
- Dawson Falls Hotels
- Rhode Island Hotels
- Province de Tiznit
Badges & Stats in Wimbledon
- 32 Reviews
- 101 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 50 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Wimbledon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wimbledon
Photos in WimbledonSee All Photos (101)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 226 reviews, 673 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 74 reviews, 337 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 95 reviews, 289 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 107 reviews, 221 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 100 reviews, 158 photos
- Sun City Intro, 79 reviews, 147 photos
- Richmond Intro, 36 reviews, 163 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matlock Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 47 reviews, 137 photos
- Putney Heath Intro, 43 reviews, 134 photos