Wimbledon Common Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Jenniflower
Wimbledon Common Warnings and Dangers: 4 reviews and 6 photos
Beautiful eco-friendly scenery ;)
The toilets here are next to the Tea Room.
In one word, they are FOUL.
It is a pity as you have little choice but to use them, and they are smelly, dirty and you are lucky if they flush! I had to go and put toilet paper all around the seat... and it stuck :(
The smell was so repugnant I had to get out as quickly as possible... so not time for a photo (lens probably would have cracked anyway!lol).
So I have put this 'safe' and eco-friendly photo here instead :)
Phone: 020 8788 2910
Bright yellow cones for nawty people ;)
haha this brings a chuckle whenever I think of it.
In December 2005, we drove into the Common with visiting inlaws. We attempted to drive down this pathway as there was no gate across it and no yellow cones! No sign either. We started to drive down and one of the rangers came running toward us, telling us to not go down there, as it was for pedestrians only.
What makes me chuckle is that NOW there is a thick green gate barring access for vehicles, plus lots of yellow cones :) Just in case...
Water reflections :)
As a general rule I do not drink London water. Some places though seem to have better tasting water than others however.
When you go to the Common there are no fountains or public areas where you can drink water, so do remember to bring your own!
You can get water at the Tea Room, but the Common is quite large so it is ideal for you to have your own. Being outdoors exercising and walking makes one quite dehydrated, so this is quite crucial I think.
The Common is the perfect place to bring your bike and go for a cycle.
It is large, there are plenty of trails and open ground, and the scenery is great!
However, please note that there are certain paths and trails that you cannot take, and even those paths you can take, you need to give way to pedestrians (and their dogs I assume haha)
More Reviews (21)
- See All Robin Hood - Prince of thieves?
- Dedicate a wooden bench
- See All Bring your own hamper! :)
- See All Green Fees at the London Scottish Golf...
Jenniflower's Related Pages
Wimbledon Common Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Wimbledon Common
- Transportation in Wimbledon Common
- Restaurants in Wimbledon Common
- Warnings and Dangers in Wimbledon Common
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wimbledon Common
- 25 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Wimbledon Common?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wimbledon Common
Photos in Wimbledon CommonSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 226 reviews, 673 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 74 reviews, 337 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 95 reviews, 289 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 107 reviews, 221 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 100 reviews, 158 photos
- Sun City Intro, 79 reviews, 147 photos
- Richmond Intro, 36 reviews, 163 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matlock Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 47 reviews, 137 photos
- Putney Heath Intro, 43 reviews, 134 photos